one or more network protocols s missing on this computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahilmohile15

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Hello, i am getting error one or more network protocols are missing on this computer for my laptop no matter if i switch to lan or connect to router nothing changes. I am guessing this is windows 10 error as i have recently formatted it and recently installed McAffe total security too.
i think one of them is causing me error. but error daily occurs in night and no sign of it morning and the rest of day. As when i am having this error on my pc. my internet connection wont work too means i am not able to use internet on any of my devices connected to router. I am really sick of this error. please tell me is my router damaged or its pc / antivirus issue if so then why doesn't anything connected to wifi router work. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Network Adapters.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall both the Wireless and LAN adapters.
- Reboot your laptop once uninstalled and it should reinstall the driver automatically upon reboot.
- After the reboot do try connecting again and see if it will work or not.

If this method will not work, proceed with this link on how to reset network protocols in your PC.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

If all these steps will not work your last option would be to reinstall Windows.

Cllayton

Estimable
Apr 19, 2014
I had the same problem with all the computers in the house. Restarted my router and it helped in the beginning, but after a couple of months it would not work at all. I had ATT come out and they replaced the router and that fixed the problem. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.