how can i find out who is spoofing my cell number

anro0819

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Someone is using an app to text other people from my cell number. They even get the reply the person sends. This is causing lots of problems in my life. How can I find out who is doing it.

Solution
Have them try texting you directly, not as a reply to any message they were sent by another party. If this works, then the messages they are getting, and replying to, from the other person are not actually going to/from your number, it is just showing as your number.

If the message they send to you direct (not as a reply to a received one) gets to you, and you can send to them, I would suggest adding a specific to you only signature to all your messages. So they know it is actually from you.

Unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do to stop the person. I know, not good. You can report the problem to your carrier. They may allow you to change phone numbers, perhaps without a cost, then give the new number only to those you...
Have them try texting you directly, not as a reply to any message they were sent by another party. If this works, then the messages they are getting, and replying to, from the other person are not actually going to/from your number, it is just showing as your number.

If the message they send to you direct (not as a reply to a received one) gets to you, and you can send to them, I would suggest adding a specific to you only signature to all your messages. So they know it is actually from you.

Unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do to stop the person. I know, not good. You can report the problem to your carrier. They may allow you to change phone numbers, perhaps without a cost, then give the new number only to those you really want to have it.

If the other party starts sending messages with your new signature, or new phone number, then it is either someone you know, or there is a bad app on your phone and I would suggest removing any new apps since that problem started.

Solution