First: no signal lights; Now: won't switch on (or charge)? ASUS TP500L

Kvlar

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
The first problem ocurred yesterday. My ASUS TP500L wouldn't turn on, out of a sudden. It just didn't do anything (even when plugged in). I read that I had to first: (1) unplug it from the AC, (2) dismantle my battery, not an easy task given I had to open up the whole laptop for it (handy vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFF6U269tA ), (3) press the power button for 30 secs, (4) plug in on AC. And that WORKS FINE. So if anyone has this problem, apply that method.

Now ...

As I connected my battery again and turned my laptop back on, there aren't any signal lights (like the orange one when you're charging, the white one when the laptop's turned on, etc.). The laptop IS charging.

So. What's the deal about the signal lights? Anyone help me out?

UPDATE!!!
Shut off my laptop again yesterday, before I went to sleep. Today again, it won't switch on. Since I still have warranty left (and I only followed the steps above to retrieve my data), I think I'm going to turn it in.

Anyone can tell me whether this influences my warranty or not? Since I opened it up ...

Thanks in advance!

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
You open or remove only the battery right?not dismantle your laptop. Try to claim your warranty because the problem of your laptop is the mobo. Either overcharging that causes damage or overheat of one of the part of the laptop.

As long as you didn't remove one of the stickers stating "warranty void if removed," and as long as there was no damage, you should be okay. The warranty is contingent upon Asus' policy or whims, still.

With regards to the indicator lights, it could be that the LEDs failed, or if they're on a separate daughter board, perhaps that daughter board needs reconnected.