I need HELP NEED response SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Kameron_1

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
I have a Asus G74sx 17" laptop last night is wouldn't power on at all. No lights nothing. I checked several forums and tried the complete discharge. I removed bat, ram, and held power button down. for 45 sec. tried it twice though it worked for a while to boot to safe mode. Then it went down so I tried it again and now the power lights remain on (with no batt in just ac adapter). the power light, ac light and hd lights just remain on. then it shuts off after a while. orange charging light blinks. please help. I tried it again on day 3 and now I just get white lights (hdd, .comcaps lock, and power) I hear hdd spin up and fan and they just remain on even with no batt just ac. if AC is removed all pwr goes off and nothing.
LET me add I have had the unit for 4 yrs no problems till now.
Please help if anyone is out there that can answer this. PLEASE!!!!

Kameron_1

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

Not anymore. I just receive a black screen with lights on steady.

Kameron_1

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
The Caps lock, hdd, & pwr light. No screen, I hear fan and can feel hdd but nothing else. Just stays with lights on.

AdriansNetwork

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

I'm afraid I don't know what's exactly happening. If the computer turns on and off by itself, my guess that it is the display malfunctioning is not correct. It could be something with the power delivery. I would contact my retailer.
Sorry.

sreilly24590

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
If you think it might be the display, connect the laptop to an external monitor and see if that changes anything. Remember to use the keyboard combination for the external display.

AdriansNetwork

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

Listen to this guy and let us know the results!