Hot to get the right disk setting to change so that my Alcatel phone will read my SD card

Bruce_12

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
How to get my Alcatel phone will not read my SD card its like it want let me change to external storage

Solution
Tap the Apps icon and go to Settings then scroll down to Storage. If the top two settings - "Default storage location" and "Preferred install location" are greyed out if there is no external SD card installed so if you do have one, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap to Mount SD Card, Once that card is mounted, you can change the other two settings to your choice.

One thing in Android which confuses people, is that they refer to an SD Card without saying that also means an internal built-in storage location. When you make your choices, be sure to choose the external card.
Tap the Apps icon and go to Settings then scroll down to Storage. If the top two settings - "Default storage location" and "Preferred install location" are greyed out if there is no external SD card installed so if you do have one, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap to Mount SD Card, Once that card is mounted, you can change the other two settings to your choice.

One thing in Android which confuses people, is that they refer to an SD Card without saying that also means an internal built-in storage location. When you make your choices, be sure to choose the external card.

Solution