Verizon LG G3 Not Detecting Metro PCS Sim Card

HippieMama87

Commendable
Mar 10, 2016
The phone's ESN is clear and phone is unlocked. It's not detecting the sim card from Metro PCS that has been put in. I tried changing the network settings already as well as factory resetting it.

Solution
MsJazz is correct. I have found that about half are GSM and the other half are CDMA. If you are looking for a carrier that is prepaid (no contract) and works with CDMA you could try Virgin. It runs on Sprints network, which does use CDMA.

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
The network protocols on Verizon and Metro PCS are not compatible. Verizon is CDMA, while Metro PCS is GSM. GSM phones use a removable SIM card, while on CDMA devices, the SIM is internal and may be read differently by the carrier network .

Butlerinyourface

Prominent
May 27, 2017
Yes just call metro pcs. My sim worked but they did tell me that it might not. Verizon is strictly CDMA with phones that have removable sims. Where as metro uses both CDMA/GSM so it really depends on what your sim originally was programmed for. One thing to watch for is you might be able to call and text but no network unless on Wi-Fi. At that point just get a compatible sim from metro.