bolaa97

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Hey guys,

I've had a problem screen mirroring (miracasting) my laptop display through my new Samsung JU6200 Smart TV. My laptop runs on Windows 10, I googled my problem and found that I should update my display driver. I searched AMD's website and downloaded the latest drivers. Still the problem exists. I forgot about the problem until the latest Windows 10 upgrade (Version 1511 OS build 10586.0) where I saw from the changelog that the update supported a fix for miracast. So I retried to cast my screen to the TV and it finally worked but there was a green vertical line on the right hand side of the screen of the TV, no green line on the laptop screen. What should be the problem now?

TL;dr - Trying to mirror my display through my Smart TV causes a vertical green line on the right side of the TV.

My Laptop: Toshiba Satellitr C55Dt-A
Video Card: Amd Radeon HD 8400

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by running Windows Update again and install all the available updates.
- Next is to do a clean install of the AMD graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it doesn't work do also uninstall/reinstall the Wifi adapter of your laptop.
- After installing the latest wifi driver do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.

bolaa97

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016

Thanks for your quick response, sir. I will try your solution and recontact you!