GA890GPA-UD3H can it unlock cores?

navinraj

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Can u really unlock the Phenom II x2 555BE with GA890GPA-UD3H mobo???

hi guys and I really need professional help on this one... planing to buy a system.. from Malaysia so over here hardware is overpriced... so Im going with a dual core but wanna unlock it... but also want a mobo with the 890GX/FX and the SB850 chipset.. so i choose the gigabyte's GA890GPA-UD3H. decent voltage reg. for overclocking with a 4+1 phase power design but I cant find anywhere on the net about its core unlocking abilities... so if any of u guys out there have sum info pls share it here as well...

Thanks,
Navin Raj

Solution
Don't think so, AMD removed ACC from the SB850 chipset and thus you won't be able to unlock cores with most 890GX/FX boards. There are some manufacturers such as ASUS, who have implemented a feature called 'Core Unlocker', which well, unlocks cores if they can be unlocked. Unfortunately the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H does not have this ability.

With PCI-e lanes, 8x/8x offer half the bandwidth of 16x/16x, although you will see very small performance impacts, as in < 5 FPS or so, with a card like the HD 5850. With bandwidth munching monster cards like the HD 5970, you'd definitely need a 16x lane.

navinraj

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
ouh and also what is the diff if I hav a crossfire with 8x 8x option compared to a 16x 16x option?? does it really matter cuz i plan on doing crossfire with 2 HD5850's

Lmeow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Don't think so, AMD removed ACC from the SB850 chipset and thus you won't be able to unlock cores with most 890GX/FX boards. There are some manufacturers such as ASUS, who have implemented a feature called 'Core Unlocker', which well, unlocks cores if they can be unlocked. Unfortunately the GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H does not have this ability.

With PCI-e lanes, 8x/8x offer half the bandwidth of 16x/16x, although you will see very small performance impacts, as in < 5 FPS or so, with a card like the HD 5850. With bandwidth munching monster cards like the HD 5970, you'd definitely need a 16x lane.

Solution