Unlocking Phenom II x2 550 Be with m4a785td-v Evo Cant Get 4th Core

crayzcreationz

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hey im having a problem im able to Unlock my processor to 3 Cores do u think i can unlock it to quad my voltages are stock i only unleashed it and set it to per core 3 cores it stays in the log in screen when i put it to quad core someone can please help me get ma quad core unlocked .....

m4a785td-Evo
4 Gbs Of Patriot Ram
Phenom II X2 550 Be Unlocked To X4 b50 Stock Gz 3.1 But i Only Have It on 3 Cores Cant Get 4th Idk Why Need Help.
ATI Radeon Hd 5770 1Gb Orignal Factory Card
Windows 7 64 Bit.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
If the other core is not activating at all, its probably a dud. If it were simply unstable, a voltage boost may fix it. but if its staying entirely inactive, its not going to work.

as the other guys said, its not guaranteed (though success rates are certainly higher than 50 percent). You need to understand that you have a dual core. the possibility of unlocking is just a bonus.

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006

That has to do with old school overclocking. FSB is located different places on different motherboards. I would look to increase my skillz a bit before I went messing with stuff that might involve knowledge greater than the proper use of the shift key.