Your question

Weird problem in unlock phenomii 550

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Unlock
Last response: in Off-Topic / General Discussion
July 3, 2010 1:16:16 AM

hi i bought a new game rig a month
Motherboard is msi 785gm-e51 bios v 2.3
CPU is phenom ii x2 550
2 GB of DDR3 ram < one chip>
then i tried to unlock the hidden cores so i tried everything unlock all the cores disable one and try to make it tri core but nothing worked i increased the vcore to 1.4 and under clocked my CPU but nothing worked . i had to disable the core 2 that is should function by default and the other disabled cores worked fine after that i just want any of you guys give me some ideas about how to make it work cause i never seen this problem with anyone has this processor it is always even core 3 or 4 is defective or both of them and sorry guys for my English it is not my first language :) 

More about : weird problem unlock phenomii 550

a c 133 à CPUs
July 3, 2010 4:06:06 AM

saidmask said:
hi i bought a new game rig a month
Motherboard is msi 785gm-e51 bios v 2.3
cpu is phenom ii x2 550
2 GB of DDR3 ram < one chip>
<A whole bunch of stuff with no punctuation or stops, along with bad grammar, that makes it very difficult to understand> and it was solid as a rock for like 10 hours with prime95 my QUESTION is how come the core that suppose to be working make my pc freeze on windows start up ? isn't that core is suppose to be working fine and the other are the ones who might have problems and is there is a way to make it work


It sounds to me like you enabled 4 cores and windows froze, so you disabled the last core for a total of three cores and it runs fine and stable. Then you say " the core that suppose to be working make my pc freeze". But this makes so sense to me since the two "hidden cores" are not supposed to work and you got lucky that one did work :)  . Please clarify.
m
0
l
a c 83 à CPUs
July 3, 2010 4:15:58 AM

enzo matrix said:
It sounds to me like you enabled 4 cores and windows froze, so you disabled the last core for a total of three cores and it runs fine and stable. Then you say " the core that suppose to be working make my pc freeze". But this makes so sense to me since the two "hidden cores" are not supposed to work and you got lucky that one did work :)  . Please clarify.


I agree his lack of sentences is rather hard to understand, but I think I know what he is saying. Unless I'm mistaken, when he enabled cores 3 and 4, his system became unstable. To fix this, he disabled core 2, which is one of the two cores that are suppose to function by default because it's a dual core processor.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 3, 2010 10:03:33 AM

@loneninja u got it right i had to disable the core 2 that is should function by default and the other disabled cores worked fine after that i just want any of you guys give me some ideas about how to make it work cause i never seen this problem with anyone has this processor it is always even core 3 or 4 is defective or both of them and sorry guys for my english it is not my first language :) 
m
0
l
a c 110 à CPUs
July 3, 2010 11:45:06 AM

here is a guess that core 2 was disabled as its unstable and 1 other core was disabled as well say 2 and 4 so cores 1 & 3 become 1 & 2 when you unlock them they go back to there original numbers.
m
0
l
a c 133 à CPUs
July 3, 2010 5:33:19 PM

simon12 said:
here is a guess that core 2 was disabled as its unstable and 1 other core was disabled as well say 2 and 4 so cores 1 & 3 become 1 & 2 when you unlock them they go back to there original numbers.

I don't know for sure, but that does make sense. The cores being renumbered once you enable all four. try disabling all but one core, one at a time if you want to know for sure.

zipzoom, don't be a dick. He already knows, plus it's a dick move to join this thread just to insult him and offer no help.

Saidmask, try using periods at the end of sentences.
m
0
l
July 3, 2010 6:28:40 PM

enzo matrix said:
I don't know for sure, but that does make sense. The cores being renumbered once you enable all four. try disabling all but one core, one at a time if you want to know for sure.

zipzoom, don't be a dick. He already knows, plus it's a dick move to join this thread just to insult him and offer no help.

Saidmask, try using periods at the end of sentences.



thx the for the answer, i did what u said and disabled all but one, then enabled the cores one by one . but still when core 2 in enabled it never work with the other disabled cores windows freeze on start up.

zipzoom is clearly a dick that is why i didn't answer what he said i guess there is just some low life asses like him everywhere .
m
0
l
a c 133 à CPUs
July 3, 2010 6:33:03 PM

What I meant was to enable only one core at a time, and enable each core individually. Therefore, you could see for sure which cores work and which do not.
m
0
l
July 3, 2010 8:00:31 PM

ct1615 said:
i had a "unstable" core that worked fine on my x3 435 as a stand alone but refused to work with any other core

i think i have the same problem my 2nd core that is working fine by default but don't work with any of the disabled core (3,4) , and i did disable all cores and enable them one by one , and still core 2 refuse to work with core 3,4 . my question is this 2nd core has no problem cause it should work fine , i just wonder if there is a way to make it work with the other cores like updating bios or something .
thx for trying to help anyone welcome to say any ideas :) 
m
0
l
July 4, 2010 5:37:13 AM

ct1615 said:
you have a bad core, updating the BIOS wont fix it. like i said, you paid for two cores, you go three. consider yourself lucky.

i guess you right , at least my 3 cores are stable while others can unlock all 4 cores and it run unstable .
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS