Transfer lost pics from a galaxy 4 SD card to a moto x with built in storage and no removable SD card

Jjhutchins1

Estimable
Feb 8, 2016
I just got a new moto x phone and I had a Samsung galaxy 4 that has a removable SD card for storage. The Galaxy 4 was damaged but I removed both the SD card and the Sim card. The moto x phone doesn't have an SD slot so when the Verizon rep who sold me the new moto x transferred my pics from my SD card through a device they have to then attach to my new phone. I was able to see all old pics from the beginning of the SD card life but all pics from October 2015 till January 2016 were missing. I am devastated because my dad passed away on Xmas day 2015 ntgere were hundreds of pics w my children n my dad and of my dad n me during the last few months of his life while he was still able to communicate w me.

I had my Samsung galaxy 4 card accidentally get knocked out of my hand onto the floor not damaging the look or integrity of the phone, however, after the fall, my phone kept getting a message stating the SD cared was unexpectedly removed anthem preparing SD card and it began immediately after the fall. The phone was giving that message a long time ago and it was apparent that although it didn't look damage do the outside it clearly shifted the alignment of the in tact and specific placement of the SD card so I am really saddened this happened and I need to know what to do. Is there a way to transfer pics from an SD card that clearly was damaged yet it kept the majority of my pics. I continue to see the transfer of pics without the SD card n transfer from the storage on the phone itself. The same answer is given to all with the same problem and it involves hooking ur SD card up to a computer but I need to install a software to go that route so I don't want to waste my time if the pics are actually just gone. I just do not know how on a "backup" device it is able to pick and choose which pics to transfer. I have a few pics from September and a few from October but the rest of those pics for those respective months, as well as all of November and all of December and most of January too. It seems like the pics that were successfully moved were in a designated file under the gallery icon but lost one entire picture category, ie it saved all videos and all downloads but didn't transfer any of my "camera" folder pics. I noticed after the error message for the SD card, every time I tried to save a pic from a text window it began asking me to name the pic and it was saving it in a jpeg format and my view of my picture folders changed the format of alignment n no longer showed them as several pics across and Down, insread , the different folder choices were listed olong left hand side and when you go into the folder it shows one pic each in only one column n all down the right. For example, there were no pics along side another. I didn't change that viewing setting it just randomly changed and I think that unexplainable change is what has potentially made me lose the most important and most touching time of my life cuz of a design flaw. The pics r on my SD card, as I checked it out on another phone with a removable SD slot but maybe it did successfully transfer and I just dont know where to look to verify they did or did not. I had the same situation occur when the sales person used the cloud to transfer my contacts. I had unedited contact info for people I had listed. It didn't update the several new contacts added within the same months lost pics were lost so transfer of data from one phone to another using a physical SD card and a remote cloud software so I am desperate to know how I can get the lost pics.

Signed TRULY DEVASTED

Solution
Hello!

Sorry to hear that! I will try to help you. The card is defective for sure (damaged from falling or another). You can also try a few steps:
1) Connect this card to SD Adapter and computer via card reader (DO NOT "repair broken sectors")... just try to save your data
2) Connect that card with Adapter and usb (using a computer) but with another device. Put it into a phone, camera or whatever and plug it back to your computer
p.s. Is there any sign of life there?
3) Make backups weekly or once per month (fully reccomended). That will save you alot of problems.
4) Search over your Google Account (some of the photos may be still saved there) http://www.google.com/photos/about/
I hope some of the options works for you! I will stick...

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello!

Sorry to hear that! I will try to help you. The card is defective for sure (damaged from falling or another). You can also try a few steps:
1) Connect this card to SD Adapter and computer via card reader (DO NOT "repair broken sectors")... just try to save your data
2) Connect that card with Adapter and usb (using a computer) but with another device. Put it into a phone, camera or whatever and plug it back to your computer
p.s. Is there any sign of life there?
3) Make backups weekly or once per month (fully reccomended). That will save you alot of problems.
4) Search over your Google Account (some of the photos may be still saved there) http://www.google.com/photos/about/
I hope some of the options works for you! I will stick to this thread in future.

Solution