How can I set the default download location on my Galaxy S5? The jpishgar article didn't help, my phone doesn't have those opt

Kelsey_3

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
I'm trying to make things download onto my SD card because my phone says there is insufficient space on it.

Solution
Unfortunately, unless your phone is running Marshmallow, it is not possible to download directly to the SD Card.

Also, even if you do have Marshmallow, the site you are downloading from, as well as the app you are downloading, must allow for downloading directly to the card.

You could try moving some of what is on the phone to the card, to make some room. Then when you download new things, move them over to the card after downloading. As long as they are movable to the card. Many apps are not.
Unfortunately, unless your phone is running Marshmallow, it is not possible to download directly to the SD Card.

Also, even if you do have Marshmallow, the site you are downloading from, as well as the app you are downloading, must allow for downloading directly to the card.

You could try moving some of what is on the phone to the card, to make some room. Then when you download new things, move them over to the card after downloading. As long as they are movable to the card. Many apps are not.

Solution