Asus K50IJ boot problem

Crossbreed

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
I have an Asus K50IJ that wont turn on from the power button (which worked half a year ago, since then the laptop wasn't use at all), ok so I check the AC adapter, the light is green, the yellow battery led on laptop is lit. Tried to remove more things before I see that if I remove the cmos battery and put it back the laptop will auto turn on if I plug the ac, the power button still doesn't work to turn off the laptop.

Also when it does that and powers on, if I have the HDD connected (HDD is good, checked it in my pc) it stays on ASUS logo at boot, If I remove the HDD either I can enter bios by pressing F2 at the logo ar can wait in which case it says cmos error press f1 to load default pres f2 to whatever but the keyboard doesn't respond, even though in bios works.

Any suggestions? Thx

Hi,

First, if your laptop is now booting up but is stuck on the ASUS splash screen that could only mean that it can be the HDD that is faulty but if your laptop will still get on the ASUS splash screen without its HDD that means it's the motherboard that is faulty and a repair will be the only solution.

Crossbreed

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
It doesn't boot, the power button doesn't work. The only thing I can do is remove the cmos battery, put it back and when I connect the AC adapter the laptop will power up it self.

Also, like I said, I checked the HDD in my PC and it's fine. if the MoBo it's faulty I don't understand why and how, like I said the laptop wasn't used at all.