Verizon to cricket

Tlclady2u

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
I got a Verizon LG G Vista from a friend. Put my cricket sim in it and I can get Internet but no calls or text. I took it to cricket she said it's all set right but she doesn't understand why I can't make calls. Should I take it to Verizon or what an I missing?

Solution
Your Verizon phone is a CDMA device. Cricket Wireless is a subsidiary of AT&T, which uses the GSM network. You get internet because they happen to both use LTE Band 4 for LTE service. However, regular calls do not use 4G LTE, it uses older 2G bands.

tl;dr - Your phone is not fully compatible with Cricket's network, and the representative you spoke with should have known this.
Your Verizon phone is a CDMA device. Cricket Wireless is a subsidiary of AT&T, which uses the GSM network. You get internet because they happen to both use LTE Band 4 for LTE service. However, regular calls do not use 4G LTE, it uses older 2G bands.

tl;dr - Your phone is not fully compatible with Cricket's network, and the representative you spoke with should have known this.

Solution