Moving apps to SD card J5

Status
Not open for further replies.

oSuriel

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
Cant move apps to my SD card on my samsung J5, it only lends me transfer a certain space of an app but only 5 out of 30 apps i got can do this I dont care rooting my phone, what can i do?

Solution
Unfortunately, that isn't possible. Android no longer natively supports the running of apps from SD cards. You cannot download apps to your SD card or run them off of your SD card with official versions of Android. The only way to get around that is to root your device.
Unfortunately, that isn't possible. Android no longer natively supports the running of apps from SD cards. You cannot download apps to your SD card or run them off of your SD card with official versions of Android. The only way to get around that is to root your device.

Solution

Uno365

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I have a Galaxy J5. I downloaded an app called "App Mgr III" which allows me to move the majority of my downloaded apps onto my phones memory card. App Mgr III is available on google play store, free of charge.

Lizzie R

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017

It would be good then to tell us how to 'root' our devices instead of just saying it is no longer supported etc...

anagha.rajan

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018

I don't have a solution but I will tell you. THAT THIS DOES NOT WORK. I deleted so many of my Apps to make space for this shitty thing which literally told me that I have already moved all the movable apps and I can't do any more than what I did without this stupid ass application.

Apr 2, 2018
GO to apps -Samsung folder - my files
Select 'internal storage'
Checkbox all the files you wish to transfer
click the 3 dots in the top right corner and select move
Select sd card and decide on the folder
select the folder and press move
It will probably take a while if you're transferring all your files

Hope this helped!

Jun 20, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.