AMD Black Edition Core Unlock Question

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hello everyone. Hope you all are having a good weekend.

I recently purchased an AMD Athlon X2 7850 Kuma Black Edition 2.8GHz CPU and I was wondering if someon could tell me how I go about Unlocking the disabled cores it has? I know that not all of them have it like that but I want to give it a shot and see if mine does.
I have the AMD Processor with a ASRock A780LM-S AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 780L Micro ATX AMD Motherboard. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Solution

Reading it the way you say, I think you have it set on 'per core', four little boxes come up with percentage markers?, I'd say change it to 'all cores',
options in bios are:
Disabled ,auto, all cores , per core are the selections available in Acc,
Try all cores first, download cpu-z and if you have four cores, it will show up, (Amd...

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Yep. You will want to enable ACC in the bios. You can find the location of this feature in your motherboard manual. As for the settings, you will have to experiment and see what works best. You might be able to find some results from some people on google about acc settings or best acc settings. Your board should have ACC as it has the right southbridge.

Here's a good guide in general:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2927

You can apply everything to your situation. The location and wording of your motherboard options may differ a bit, but not too much that you wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Good luck ;)

aznshinobi

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Errmmm.... If your thinking about trying it out on your Kuma its not going to work, as the Phenom II chips were designed to mock the Deneb architecture therefore when the 550,555,720 etc. chips were made they had two-one dormant cores. But the Athlon series can't be unlocked. Some of the first released X3 Rana athlons and X2 Regor Athlons were unlockable but those were when they mixed batches and manufactured those chips with 2-1 dormant cores with the Propus arch. But now its rare when athlons can unlock.

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Ok i went into the bios and found a setting called Advance Clock something. ACC I assume. I enabled it. It has four settings: Disabled, auto, All and another one. I put in the setting that shows all four. Im still not sure what to do next. Its showing like I have 4 processors but when I open the AMD Tuner thing, it only shows 2. Has anyone unlocked these and if so, can you tell me how to do it?

SammyBusby

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010

You mean like taking a screenshot? I think so. I dont know where it will send the picture though. Ill try to get it set up and post.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009

No a photo. You can only take screenshots within tho OS. You can upload to a website and link to it here.

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010

Reading it the way you say, I think you have it set on 'per core', four little boxes come up with percentage markers?, I'd say change it to 'all cores',
options in bios are:
Disabled ,auto, all cores , per core are the selections available in Acc,
Try all cores first, download cpu-z and if you have four cores, it will show up, (Amd overdrive is Tat, once you unlock any cores the temp readings go stupidly offline)
Thats not necessarily to say they are all 'good' cores though, you'll figure that one out by the number of bsod's you may start getting :p
You should also have an Ez overclocking thing in the Second bios page? you can use that to overclock the chip and fsb, but try each setting for a while before moving up to the next, 5%-10%-15% etc,
I'll check back, have fun :)
*Edit heres some pictures, my bios may slightly differ (1.20),but should be similar enough to see you right*
Async.jpg

Ezoverclocking.jpg

Moto

Solution

TRENDING THREADS