Looking to Increase my UPLOAD speed to a 4.00 Mbps or higher **PLEASE HELP**

Marcia_3

Estimable
Jan 11, 2016
I set up the Netgear Nighthawk X6 router running through my AT&T Uverse router. I turned off the Wifi and Firewall on the Uverse driver. I am looking to speed up my upload speed as I work remotely from home.

I need to get to a 4.00 Mbps or higher for work on the Upload speed, but even with assigning one of the 3 bands to ONLY my work PC, I am still under 1. The Netgear Nighthawk X6 does not have the capacity to change antennas. Can I add an external antenna to the Uverse modem/router? Is that possible? If so, would it even help my Upload speed? I REALLY NEED HELP AS MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON IT. I am by no means an IT person and needless to say this has gotten expensive and frustrating. I have no other choice as far as changing from ATT to another provider as they are the only ones in my area. Any suggestions?? All are very welcomed!!

Solution
Do you get higher speeds on Ethernet? I'd doubt that it's a WiFi issue.

Most likely, you're on an ADSL Annex A connection which has a maximum upload of about 1Mb/s.

See if you can get a VDSL connection; that's probably going to be 5+ Mb/s. Probably an extra ~$20 per month. You need to be fairly near the cabinet and have a compatible modem.

If not, you might be able to get decent speeds through 4G though data will be expensive.

You might also want to look into business grade connections, which might prioritise upstream.
Do you get higher speeds on Ethernet? I'd doubt that it's a WiFi issue.

Most likely, you're on an ADSL Annex A connection which has a maximum upload of about 1Mb/s.

See if you can get a VDSL connection; that's probably going to be 5+ Mb/s. Probably an extra ~$20 per month. You need to be fairly near the cabinet and have a compatible modem.

If not, you might be able to get decent speeds through 4G though data will be expensive.

You might also want to look into business grade connections, which might prioritise upstream.

Solution