Garmin vivosmart HR Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

markraby

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Buyer beware. Garmin has been surprisingly unresponsive to consumer feedback. I have been sending their innovation team two suggestions for months however these suggestions have been repeatedly ignored. Here are two very quick and easy ways Garmin could (but refuse to) improve their Garmin Connect app.

1. Allow daily competitions in the leaderboard between friends as a dropdown menu from weekly competitions

2. Allow users to preview which badges they can earn ahead of time. It's hard to get motivated for something that has already happened in the past. It would be great if the app could show how many badges you can earn and how many you have earned.

Alas, I suppose these two incredibly basic common sense suggestions were repeatedly ignored and I have been unsatisfied with this product since the day I bought it. I regularly check to see if Garmin has updated their app to include these very logical features however Garmin never fails to disappoint me. Garmin Connect is disconnected from their users and it will take some serious action on Garmin's part before I am able to view this company favourably any time soon.

HendoSon

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
MarkRaby, so are you saying don't buy a Garmin VivoSmart HR because Garmin hasn't responded to your suggestions? lol

markraby

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hey Hendoson,
I'm not saying don't buy it. I'm just saying know what you're getting into. They have severe limitations when it comes to the fun side of fitness tracking such as earning badges and competing with your peers. If you're only interested in raw data then it's fine, but if you're interested in playing around with the data then just be aware that Garmin Connect doesn't really cater to that.

hern333

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
From what I have been reading, Garmin is quite active in improving their firmwares even on previous gen products. On the other hand, I don't want them to add bloats that are of interest only to very few peoples.

laura whit

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I just bought a Garmin Vivosmart HR. Today is day #2 for weaning it and it doesn't seem to be registering my heart rate correct. Does this take a week or so to sync correctly?

Sean063

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I love how the Garmin Vivoactive HR has an "activity bar" and also vibrates when you dont move. I am an office worker and I absolutely love this single feature, as its annoyance alone would push me. (I love all the other features as well) Do any other fitness trackers have this feature as well? As you can see, I am a complete noob to this genre. Thanks guys.

mprospero

Senior Editor
Oct 4, 2013

Yes, several other fitness trackers have this feature, usually called a "move alert" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.