Best Fitness Trackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

yinyang1950

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
I was given an UP 2 years ago as a Christmas gift. Started out really liking it until I discovered that it registered movement when I drove my car or rode my motorcycle making it difficult to accurately track my steps. So, stopped using it. I do not see this problem addressed in the reviews. How do these devices handle movement that is not step related?

walkabouts3

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Love my Misfit Shine: Waterproof, options for wearing location (I hate things on my wrist), attractive, subtle, syncs well with iPhone. No need to charge (watch battery good for 6 months). Sleep tracker. I've been using one continuously for 2 years.

hunyogo

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
been using one continuously for 2 years.
bQ9bX

walkabouts3

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I have been using a Misfit Shine for 2 years and it's fantastic! The magnetic attachment for clothing and optional wrist (or necklace) offer flexibility for wearing. It is waterproof, so I can use it for my daily pool exercise and don't have to worry about being caught in the rain. It is lightweight, attractive, and does not need charging. The app works well. Can't recommend it highly enough. (None of the trackers you mentioned have the combination of attributes that Misfit offers!)

Laura_38

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Just FYI, the Moov fitness tracker that you reviewed is not the newest version. I dont believe they even offer that any more. The newest edition is call Moov Now and has many more capabilities than the original Moov

code guy

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016

I watched a special that said the iPhone "health" app, is the most accurate tracker....a little hard to work out with your iPhone while your running.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I have a MS Band 2. It's one of few out there that has GPS built into it. You don't need to bring your phone on a run or bike ride. It tracks heart rate. It seems to be very accurate with regard to calorie burn. The MS Health dashboard (browser app) has everything you need with summaries and details of all of your activities. Being able to see all of the stats laid out in front of you and your numbers over time can be very motivating. I'm always trying to beat my fastest time or greatest distance.

The only things I'd like to see if they ever came out with a Band 3 is the ability to store music on it and Bluetooth to some fitness headphones. Further, I'd like it to be fully water-resistant and incorporate swimming workouts/activities. Also, I've found through almost five months of wearing it, the band holds up well, but the contacts you connect the charger to are prone to corrosion from your sweat. Even if you wipe the thing down or clean it really well where the charging contacts are, it still develops corrosion under the seal by the contacts. This results in the contacts not always matching up with the charger. This became a problem resulting in my returning it. I should have the replacement shortly. But you'd expect something called a 'fitness' band which touts water resistance to be able to deal with sweat five days a week. That issue needs to be corrected for sure. If they make the next device water-proof rather than water-resistant, this will probably be a non-issue.

I think it's pretty cool device, but they should add the improvements and corrections I've suggested to the next iteration.

TesseractOrion

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2014
I agree Ubercake about the MS Band. Another rumour has said they're phasing it out (no Band 3) which I think would be a shame. I like my version 1 a lot, despite the lumpy aesthetics and terrible charging system... but then I'm in a minority with a Windows 10 phone too..

Techelle

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
I have a FitBit Charge 2 and I love it but the battery life isn't as great as I was hoping it would be.

FitnessJunkie

Prominent
Jul 1, 2017
I have a Fitbit Charge 2 (and used to have a Flex and then a Charge HR) and I love it. It does everything I need very easily: track my steps, my heart rate, and my sleep, and notifies me when I get a call or a text and the battery lasts MUCH longer than my Apple Watch. I also found this company called bytten.com that makes beautiful accessories - check it out - they have stacking rings and a new frame to make it look more stylish.

Oct 12, 2018
I have a Fitbit charge 2 and love it. I want to get the new Fitbit charge 3 for the gorilla glass and swim features. But, I have heard the company is not doing well financially. I don't want to buy the charge 3 and not have software for it down the road.

Nov 11, 2018
On tw, I found useful information about fitness tracker. When I read this article, I find more information about new model and review about property, how test and the comparasion to other product.

Status
Not open for further replies.