HTC one M8 No backlight on screen (screen replacement)

xITM

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Hello people of the internet! I have recently attempted to fix my HTC one M8, everything went fine but, there is no backlight on the screen what so ever, I was wondering if anyone had anything to say which could help me fix the phone so that there would be a backlight, I am definite it is not the screen, and the phone definitely works because I can feel the buzzing when I touch the screen etc.

Any advice would be very appreciated!

Victorion

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
First of all, there was a bug with the M7 and all you had to do, was to put the phone´s front lightsensor under a lamp with bright light. It may be the same with the M8. Hold the Power button until you can access the options * Hold Power off until Reboot to safe mode appears * Tap Restart to select * You should see “Safe mode” at the bottom left of the screen

You should also try to let the battery completely drain and then do a full recharge, it may help some in situations.

xITM

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Ok, yes, I can see the screen with a very bright light but, the screen does not become brighter with me shining a light on the sensor, I went to settings (barely) and tried turning the brightness up and down, it did nothing? so do you have another ideas? I mean I will try to drain the battery and see if that does anything.

xITM

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Ok, so nothing happened while in safe mode, I will now attempt to drain the battery and then charge it up again, if this does not work what do you think I should try next? already tried contacting a person who repairs phones and it was £20 just for inspection, stupidly expensive, so I would rather just sell it as broken if there is nothing else I can do? Thanks.