Laptop CPU upgrade and buzzing sound in audio jack

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Hi guys,

I recently sent off my thinkpad off to repair so I dug up my old laptop. Its a Fujitsu SH560. I got it at around 2011. It's running on Pentium P6000. I'm wondering if I can upgrade the processor? I saw online and youtube that people successfully upgraded their P6100 (Asus) to a i5 520m. I'm wondering if I can upgrade mine to the i5 580m? (Or to an i7 640m? might as well go to the top model) Would the socket and the heat sink sit properly? and can the power supply be sufficient? the battery only lasts 30 min so I plug the laptop in all the time.

Also, I noticed that when ever I plug in a headphone into the audio jack and apply pressure onto the palm rest that is directly above the jack, I hear some robotic noise. It's not the consistent static or buzzing noise but a very electric/ robotic noise. I'm hypothesizing that it is the chassis touching the audio jack part allowing electricity or something to pass through that is making the noise?

I tried looking up the manual but couldn't find the interior design of the laptop.

Can anyone shed some light? (Main question is the processor upgrade, I can just use the hdmi cable and plug it onto a TV to avoid the audio jack if the processor is up-gradable.)

vcb003104

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Nevermind, turned out the cpu was glued on its four corners onto the motherboard. Had nothing to do so I took the laptop apart.
Guess I'll just have to wait for my thinkpad to come back.