Runtastic Moment Elite Review: Good Looks, Bad Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louisgw

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
I bought the Moment Basic and enjoyed it for a few months. I found that it works well and was very similar in tracking to the Fitbit. My issue is with the company.

The historical data charge, as you say, is ridiculous. But worse for me has been the customer service. After a few months I took the watch swimming for the first time and the result was a disaster. It quickly buzzed and then went dead and remains dead to this day. I contacted the company initially for help trying to see if there is anything I could do to dry out the watch, and then later to try to request a refund/exchange. I contacted them via email and on twitter, and attempted to call the 800 number my credit card had from the sale (it was a Nevada-based distribution company that was of little help). Through all my efforts I am yet to hear back from anyone at Runtastic, which really annoys and angers me. I actually liked the watch and was sorry to see it go so quickly. But the company has totally failed in the way it has treated the consumer. Runtastic and Adidas (which bought it) should be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.