Logitech Z906 vs. Bose Companion 5

davidplek

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
I have an Edifier 5.1 system for my PC. One of the channels keeps dropping out. Already several years old, so owes me nothing. Ready to move on. How would you compare Logitech Z906 which would replace my 5.1 setup vs. Bose Companion 5?

for the money you're going to spend on either of them, i would instead look at something like the energy 5.1 classic take or monoprice 10565 set paired with a cheap receiver. for the money that is going to sound better than both the bose and logitech.

while neither computer speaker set you listed are terrible per se, they are both overpiced for the audio quality you get. the logitech slightly so and its more boomy sounding. the bose very much overpriced as they rely on their name to sell (people often do not realize bose are often built cheaply and are not the best to go with unless going with their top end stuff). if you have zero room and absolutely refuse to have a receiver they would work but arent going to be the best sound you can get for your budget of $250-400 (prices of z906 vs bose)

Between Bose and Logitech, I'd go with Logitech. The only Bose product I though sounded good was their headphones, they were not as muddy sounding as Bose speakers sound to me. I own a set of the Logitech Z 560 models which is the set the lead to the Z906 and like them a lot. The Logitech THX certified stuff is pretty good for a mid or mid/high range.