Acer E 15 Windows 8.1 will NOT boot after BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

1mand

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
Hi,

My Acer wont boot after bsod. All I see is black screen. The power light is on and I can hear the fan. I dont see bios boot or any error.

Here is what happened during bsod. I think windows update was in progress and was speaking on skype while the laptop was on my lap. It then went onto bsod saying the following:

"Your PC ran into problem and needs to start. We are just collecting error info, and then we'll restart for you. (100% complete)
If you'd like to search...DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL (USBXHCI.SYS)"

I could hear loud and estrange noise from the speakers. It also became very hot at the bottom.
But then it wont restart. I wait for about 10min and then powered off manually pressing the power button.

I tried
disconnecting the wan card but no luck
connecting to monitor no luck
boot to bios pressing f12 or f10 no luck
boot from usb flash drive

Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Do a hard reset, remove the battery(if not built in) and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the charger in and see if it would boot up normally. If it does you can put the battery back in.
- If these doesn't work try testing your AC adapter first, if you have a multi tester do test if it's supplying enough voltage to the laptop to power it on.
- Next is to try and reseat the RAM inside the laptop, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If you're not comfortable opening the laptop please do contact ACER support for a repair if the laptop is still under the factory warranty.

1mand

Estimable
Oct 29, 2015
Hi Laptop_Nerd,

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried all the steps you suggested but no difference. Still black screen. What did you think was the problem?

Any other ideas that I can try? I have important docs and other stuff on the machine so I really need to revive it. My bad I didn't have backup.