my phone won't give me an option to go to the home screen

venise870

Estimable
Oct 24, 2015
I have a Samsung galaxy s3. It was working prefectly fine lastnight, but I woke up this morning and it was showing black and wasn't turning on... so I decided to charge it,but it come on with the samsung sign freeze on the screen. Can anyone help me out please?

Solution
That is often a sign that the system needs to be re-loaded. Try rebooting it a few times see if that helps. If not, you would need to try to set it to factory defaults (may not work, instructions can be found online) or download and load the stock ROM for that phone for your cell company (also may not always work if there is a hardware issue). Either way, anything stored on the internal memory will be wiped. I suggest you remove your SD card before doing this if you have one.
That is often a sign that the system needs to be re-loaded. Try rebooting it a few times see if that helps. If not, you would need to try to set it to factory defaults (may not work, instructions can be found online) or download and load the stock ROM for that phone for your cell company (also may not always work if there is a hardware issue). Either way, anything stored on the internal memory will be wiped. I suggest you remove your SD card before doing this if you have one.

Solution

Mitch94

Estimable
May 5, 2015
pop out the battery it may be that it's soft bricked if so when it turn back on it will freeze again if it does indeed freeze again pop out the battey one more time and put it back in this time hold the home button volume up and power key until you see blue text appear on the top - left corner of the screen then, it will boot into stock recovery from here press the volume up button to go up and the volume down to go down , select wupe data/factory reset this will wipe the phone,meaning you lose all of your data but your phone should work fine.if this desn't help post back here as it might be hardbricked and that is a difficult but not impossible thing to fix,I have fixed 3 to 4 hardbricked s3's hope this helps,

mitch