Best Gaming Monitors of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computered

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
This has some solid choices on it though I would disagree with two of them. The high end Acer ultra-wide has been plagued among consumers with quality control issues for both the Freesync and Gsync model. The monitors sent to reviewers are with more research starting to appear to be cherry picked which means Acer had some awareness of the issues. For the cost a certain level of quality control is expected. Hard to see how anyone can suggest them to consumers right now.

As for the Freesync chose The Asus monitor is a good choice but my experience with both has shown the Benq XL2730Z delivers a better experience.

narsos

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
The link to amazon for the Best Over Gaming Monitor BENQ XL2420G links to the XL2420Z. A difference of no G-Sync and about $400 between the 2.

DFWallace

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
At the 27" size reference point, IMHO, the Acer Predator XB271HU and the Asus PG279Q are the two best choices... WORD...

Ghork

Prominent
Mar 27, 2017
None of these are 16:10 the traditional computer widescreen format, unfortunately Console gaming made TV formats popular, but 16:9 is TERRIBLE for computers, there's too little vertical space/or if big enough it's too wide so you'll miss stuff at the sides for gaming. So all these monitors are basicly worse than 10 year old monitors in my book, wish someone would take note and actually make a 16:10 gaming high refresh rate monitor

axlrose

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
This is the first I've heard anything solid on the 4k 144hz front. Where is the Q3 info from? That's the monitor I'm waiting for.

Sam Hain

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013

The "X" is an HDR capable machine, therefore you'd want to invest your budget into an HDR capable display.. The only monitors at the moment (on the U.S. market that I know of) that purportedly support HDR are made by Samsung:

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/s/_/n-10+11+hv22x+zq2jk/

All would be more cost-effective options to a 4K TV obviously BUT may not have built in speakers, which to be honest, most monitor audio is horrid to be polite. If you already own an audio solution, you're set... Otherwise, you'd need to invest in a soundbar, 2.1, surround system etc.

Option two: Nab a 4K 120Hz HDR TV within your budget with a screen-size that will work within your desired mounting-space/location for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.