Can i use my smartphone to "reverse tether" (if that exists) to my PC

TECHTARD

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Bought a new PC. It does not have wireless capabilities. Modem/router is across the house, LAN line not long enough. Can i use one of our smart-things (wireless and data enabled devices) to connect through USB i guess to the PC to give me access to home internet on the desktop? Until i can get a longer line or wireless dongle /adapter/whatever i need to wifi-ise the beast.

Solution
Depends on your phone and your wireless carrier. Many carriers restrict tethering activity, and in many cases will charge you separately (read: extra) to use it. Since your PC doesn't have wireless capabilities anyway, this would have to be done via USB. Definitely look into your carrier rules first though, since the tethering charges can sometimes cost you more than buying a wireless adapter.
Depends on your phone and your wireless carrier. Many carriers restrict tethering activity, and in many cases will charge you separately (read: extra) to use it. Since your PC doesn't have wireless capabilities anyway, this would have to be done via USB. Definitely look into your carrier rules first though, since the tethering charges can sometimes cost you more than buying a wireless adapter.

Solution