Looking for smartphone

bluefrog87

Estimable
Jun 21, 2015
Hi everyone

An IR blaster is really important to me just because of the ability to call the lost tv remote. I lose remotes often. Another deal breaking feature i want is qi charging. If it doesn't have those 2, it's screwed. I also like to watch netflix and browse the web. My other activities include texting and calling ppl and I have a moto 360. I like long battery life but if it can get thru the day that's ok.

My original thought was to get the google nexus 5x but it looks like none of them may have an IR blaster and now i'm thinking i may need to look at a different phone or wait.

Are there any phones with these specs or does the google nexus 5x have hope for me yet to include all these things

The new Nexus devices do not have wireless charging, as far as I know. The only recent phone I can think of off the top of my head with both an IR blaster and built-in Qi support is the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge. Not the newer S6 Edge+ though; they removed the IR blaster in that. Luckily, although the S6/S6 Edge are relatively new, their prices should have dropped a few times already with the release of the Edge+ and Note 5.

Is six months considered old for a phone now? I think that's a little absurd, but it's your prerogative. The S6 line has been kept fairly up to date. Keep in mind that device updates are subject to carrier delays, and they are usually the reason that phones are behind.

I would recommend the LG G4, which also fits your needs, but that is 6 months old as well.