How do I make a smartphone startup?

mresskay

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
Hi,

I want to start a smartphone company. I have designed nearly everything else with components from different companies except the motherboard...

I know it's pretty much impossible to make one at home due to the amount of layers and just the complexity, so how can I do this? Is there some company that will design the motherboard with the components that I want?

There are tons of smartphone startups that come out of no where and they have their own custom motherboard inside their phones... How do they do it?

Or should I just buy a smartphone motherboard that's already been made?

Thanks

You are not going to get an answer as to how to start a company in a forum post. You need to go through quite a few books on corporations and probably a few years of school, and it's pretty clear from the question you don't have that background yet. When you said you "designed" everything, exactly how? You have a CAD model? Manufacturing specs? Purchasing plans for the parts, money to buy those parts, vendors to sell to and buy from, resellers, factory that will assemble it, data service provider contacts to make sure your phone works with their service, who is doing the testing and programming for the devices? A reason for anyone to buy your device instead of others? Get answers to those and you are on the way to a company.

Those startups don't come out of no where, there are years of planning and work behind them before you ever hear of the company.