Nexus 5 vs LG G2

KillMyConsole

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Hi, i've been looking for a good cheap phone for around 250 CAD.
right now I'm looking at the lg g2 and the nexus 5.
the nexus 5 has a better design and software but a crappy battery and camera's
the lg g2 has better overall specs and slightly cheaper (225 CAD) but worse software and bad design (glossy plastic)
what do you guys think is the better option?
thanks.

Solution
Personally, I would go for the Nexus 5. Putting aside the battery life and camera (not big factors to me, but perhaps they are to you), the Nexus 5 runs stock Android and, unlike the G2, it receives more updates by virtue of being direct from Google. A quick search shows that the Nexus 5 supports up to 5.1.1, while the G2 only supports up to 4.2.2; for all the issues that early 5.x.x releases have had, 5.1.1 has been a major improvement for many people and has better battery management, which may lessen the gap between the battery capacities.
Personally, I would go for the Nexus 5. Putting aside the battery life and camera (not big factors to me, but perhaps they are to you), the Nexus 5 runs stock Android and, unlike the G2, it receives more updates by virtue of being direct from Google. A quick search shows that the Nexus 5 supports up to 5.1.1, while the G2 only supports up to 4.2.2; for all the issues that early 5.x.x releases have had, 5.1.1 has been a major improvement for many people and has better battery management, which may lessen the gap between the battery capacities.

Solution