Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
It will (probably), BUT it will be not that noticeable IMO. Moreover if you run it at 3.8Ghz+.

Now, Crossfire depends also on the PCIe lanes. If you'r thinking about 790 or 890 MoBos you'll be fine in that aspect. CPU wise, I really don't know if it will be THAT horrendous; my intuition says it won't, but don't have data (on that CPU) to back up that claim 8(

Cheers!

k1114

Distinguished
They're the same microarchitecture minus the l3 cache, but the number of cores makes more of a difference than cache. Both are still underpowered if you want to cf 6950. If you want AMD, it mind be better to hold off til bulldozer, otherwise nothing beats intel right now at the high end.

net_nakul

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
The board you chose has a "Turbo UCC" feature so it's POSSIBLE to unlock the cores and turn the x2 555 into a x4 955! :pt1cable:

Bench

Read the last few paragraphs here

NOTE!!: I heard not everyone is successful with it. If you choose this path, you'll be doing it at your own risk, and you should view unlocking cores only as a bonus. Use the latest BIOS version to maximise your chances.

manu 11

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
go with the athalon ii x3 450,they have better chances to unlock to a quad core than the one you have listed.
then overclock it and you will not feel any bottle necking.
Good luck.

geofelt

Distinguished
1) You will get more responses to your post if you identify your parts instead of a link labelled "this"

2) Are you planning on building a new system, or upgrading a current one?

3) I suspect you are interested in gaming. If so, what resolution will you be using?
Are any of your games known to be CPU intensive?

4) Do you have a budget?

5) Have you considered a sandy bridge based system?