Mechanical keyboard for gaming

DarkrimXtrike

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi, i was looking for a mechanichal keyboard (have never tried one yet) with red backlitght, and the "chasis"_ black if possible. From what I read black are too "heavy" and with red you make a lot of mistakes, so i guess i will go for cherrymx brown, not dure about reds , tho, as i guess once you get used to them you dont make so many mistakes (i plan to use the keyboard for several years), ¿any "red user" who could confirm that? Not asking which switch is better, just if you get used to not make mistakes with the red switches, i would be gaming 80% of the time, and the rest surfing and programming.
Also, some keyboards have macros and others dont, how much useful are they? The cooler master quickfire kt has all i want but for the macros, for 74€, when probably a similar onw with macros would reach easily 100€, like the trigger z (which seems nice but i havent been able to find it with other than blues switches). So yeah, what can you make with macros?
Btw, i live spain, europe, so i would need it be able to be shipped to europe.
The mouse is black and the computer is red and black, so thats why i am looking for a blacl keyboard with red light.
Any suggestion/ found red trigger z?
My budget is 70/100€, can get ir a bit higher if its a really nice buy. What about vengeance k90? Tho i just find "currently unavalible" blue ones. And k95?
Thanks for reading and any help

RandomGuy42

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I would recommend the Corsair K70 (about 92€, or 100 US Dollars). Its spacebar is textured, making it more comfortable (along with the wrist rest). It doesn't have an abundance of extra programmable buttons and switches (which aren't extremely useful), however, its software does make customizing easy (at least for the RGB version).

In addition, it has standard Cherry MX keycaps and Cherry brown switches. For the price, it does seem to be a very useful and versatile keyboard, suitable for many different purposes.

The Non-RGB version (called the K70 LUX) is black with a red backlight and can be shipped worldwide.

*Note*- For more information about the key switch types, visit http://www.pcgamer.com/best-mechanical-switches-for-gaming/

Beehelp

Prominent
May 14, 2017
I just ordered a mechanical (k95) since I needed to get a new keyboard anyways and wanted to see the differences, I'll report back when it comes in the mail next week.

Although, I did have some experience with mechanical keyboards back when I was in grade school. All we had were Model M keyboards and they really were indestructible; great for typing on to; hope this new mechanical I get can be as good.