Mionix Castor Review — Great Design, Subpar Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_28

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
To me the software is the least worrisome thing to criticize when buying a reliable gaming mouse... I use the software to customize the keys and then I uninstall the software... there's no need to have gaming profiles imo... Also, docking so many points off the mouses performance due to software is just dumb. You're reviewing a mouse not software... this mouse without software is probably the best mouse out there right now for an all around gamer due to the 3310 sensor and ergonomics and solid side and finger buttons.

jcoffin1981

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I have not used this mouse yet, but I have to agree with Mike's comments. The software I could personally care less about, even if it does cause problems or is a bit of a hassle to use. What I truly care about is the comfort and functionality of the mouse itself. This item is new, but seems to be getting praise all around. I can't wait to try it.

UnrezolvedKaos

Estimable
Feb 2, 2015
I highly disagree with this review. The Mionix castor deserves at least a 4.5 star. For starters its not expensive and does not lack feature of other mice, look at the deathadder. same price, cheap plastic, less rubber and is not even close to the comfort level that the castor offers. And the software is not sub-par, it allows much more customization than razers synapse

Exit111

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
What a bad review. Please learn about what makes a mouse great instead of glorifying useless gimmicks like weights, high dpi, over-sophisticated software. The fact that the Corsair m65 is considered the best FPS mouse on this website is a complete joke considering no high-level player, competitive or not, uses this heavy mouse equipped with a poor sensor, useless sniper button that fps players AVOID. So far one of the worse mouse review websites I've seen, it's like you're being paid to post good reviews. Please take this advice and improve. 6/10 is a complete joke.

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
Have to agree with the others here. The software for a basic mouse is something you set up once then forget. From that point on it either sits in the task-bar or gets uninstalled. It's the part in your hand that makes the difference from that point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.