Core unlocker on phenom 2 x4 975

kr0490

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I have an AMD Phenom II X4 975 Black Editio CPU. My new Asus motherboard has a core unlocking feature. Does this CPU have any cores to unlock, and if not, is there any benefit to activating core unlocker with this CPU. Thanks for any help!

Solution
There are no cores to unlock since the 9xx series are native quad cores with no disabled cores.
Core unlocking would have no benefit or disadvantage since it would do nothing because there are no cores to unlock. Though, I guess you could use it to disable cores but that would serve little purpose.

enzo matrix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
There are no cores to unlock since the 9xx series are native quad cores with no disabled cores.
Core unlocking would have no benefit or disadvantage since it would do nothing because there are no cores to unlock. Though, I guess you could use it to disable cores but that would serve little purpose.

Solution

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
No, there are no extra cores for you to unlock. The only X4 model you can do that to is the 960T. AMD pretty much stopped selling it though because of better yields and too many people unlocking it to an X6. Any cores that don't make it as a desktop x6 are likely relegated to a server x4 or thrown out entirely.