ASUS VIVOTAB NOTE 8 - bricked - won't boot - All I get is ASUS logo

Leonardo_07

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
Hello guys. I've learn lots from your tips in this forum but this is actually the first time that i'm writing cause I really did not find any solution to my problem. So here it is:

I live in Brazil and I wanted some good tablet with Wacom and Windows. I've come along to Asus Vivotab Note 8, however, it is not sold in Brazil. So I've bought it from Amazon and have it send to a friend who was in hawaii and he brought it to me in Brazil.

Out of the box. Tablet won't turn on. I thought it was out of juice so I let it charge for 8 hours with no result. Looking at the forum, I've found a post that advice to open the tablet back and disconnect the battery, wait 10 seconds, and connect it again. Well, I did that and now I got this: Once the power bottom is pressed, the camera led blinks 4 times, Asus logo appears and them the Tablet dies again.

I've tried let it charge from a USB/notebook --- no luck
I've tried to press power button+ windows button together, but it freezes and I need to do the battery thing again, cause it won't even light the camera led.

I can't RMA from Brazil. Well, actually I can, but it will not be cover by warranty.
I don't want to send it back to Amazon causa I really want this tablet model and, although they already agreed to refund-me they can't send it to Brazil another one.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Leonardo_07

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015

Thanks for the reply.
No, I can't. I actually do not know how to access the bios since any key combinations worked. I saw some videos showing that is possible to access the bios if you have access to windows system by going through recovery options, but since all I see it's Asus logo, did not manage to get there.

Any thoughts on how to access the bios in this Tablet without windows access? By the symptoms, it's more likely to be a software or hardware problem?

Deece Cassius

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Do... Here's the fix.
When you reset the vivotab by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, the backlight will come on and when it does, before you get to the actual boot... Or error in your case... Press and hold power and down volume.

That will put you into bios options.

Hope this helps.