Is honorbuy a reliable website to buy smartphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunopereira

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
Hi!

I want to buy the new OnePlus Two through HonorBuy but i dont know it it's to be trusted.
They don't need the invitation and they have a EU Warehouse (I'm from EU).

This is the link to their website:
honorbuy.com

Thanks.

RobertRomania

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
NO NO NO!
I bought from HONORBUY.COM my third xiaomi phone (redmi 1s, m3 before), a redmi note 2 in september 2015.
I am / was very happy with it, just like the other products i have bought from Honorbuy, until one morning(two months after the purchase) , when a slight yellow mark appeared (just like when somebody is using a yellow marker on it) at the middle left part of the screen, which is visible when the backgound is white.
It is a Xiaomi problem, especially at new products, so I informed Honorbuy about this issue. They answered me very bad, they lied to me -they need to discuss with their technician, and so on-, and they offered me to buy from them a new screen, with 5$ bonus (they have the most expensive price for this screen, btw, from all over the internet). And they told me to send back my phone to China -although I bought it fom their European Warehouse from Italy and I have to pay the freight charges. Basically, i paid the transport when I bought the phone, now I should pay again TWO transports (from my place to China and vice versa) and I have to do it to CHINA!!!! I have asked them what if they buy a German car from Beijing, they send it back eventually to Germany? They haven t answered. I am VERY VERY disappointed about their lies, lack of customer care oriented approach and I will NEVER NEVER buy anything from them. You want a Xiaomi, buy it from wherever you want. NOT from ”HONOR”Buy.
I have the full mailings, if somebody is interested to see how are they treating a customer with a good buying history.
Robert

ellalea

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
This is worst seller ever! I bought mobilephone that gave me only trouble, has defect-yellow mark on screen, after being reparied from seller, seller returned me mobilephone with same defect. The seller selles mobilephones with with warranty of 1 year, but accutally there is no real warranty...buyer cover shipping costs, waits for reparing 2 months, and after that still has mobilephone with defect. And even than seller doesnt contact buyer. I never buy from this seller again. Seller is cheater. I do not recommend this seller. Avoid him.

pgoold

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Hi!

I want to buy the new OnePlus Two through HonorBuy but i dont know it it's to be trusted.

HonorBuy is NOT to be trusted. Last year, when I bought my Xiaomi MI 5, they were selling the phone with a 'fake' ROM. Their web site marketing did not reveal that they had swapped out the manufacturer's original firmware. The substitute ROM is multilingual, making the phone marketable in a variety of European countries. But, since the phone's native ROM supports English, the substitution is of no advantage to an English speaker; and it imposes serious drawbacks HonorBuy's advertising did not disclose.

The HonorBuy substitute ROM cannot be updated with the manufacturer's revisions. This means it does not get the benefit of security fixes and feature upgrades released by the manufacturer or provided in new versions of the Android operating system. I discovered other defects which may or may not be attributable to the non-original ROM but could not be corrected because the phone's non-original ROM does not permit a factory reset.

Although HonorBuy's web site marketing promised a one year warranty and excellent customer support, neither promise was honored. The company claimed that the manufacturer's ROM could be reinstated but their email instructions were clueless. They refused to take back the phone either for reinstatement of the original ROM or refund. They justified their refusal on the grounds that I had owned the phone for more than 7 days, in disregard of the one year warranty. HonorBuy is Hong Kong based, so beyond the reach of the usual customer protections.

Two morals: (1) HonorBuy is neither trustworthy nor capable of competent customer service); and (2) think twice before buying any phone of Chinese manufacturer unless it is on official release in your home country or you are certain that it comes with the original ROM installed.

pgoold

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Update 19/6/17: Honorbuy responded to my posting on another site with an offer to reflash my phone to the official Global ROM. I took them up on the offer and they have done as they promised. The matter was handled promptly with Honorbuy paying the shipping costs both ways.The phone returned yesterday and immediately updated itself 'over the air' to the current ROM version. The unofficial ROM installed on the phone as sold could not have achieved this. I am now pleased with the phone and with Honorbuy's response to my posting. I only wish it had not taken a year for my objection to be satisfied.

hystik

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Cheap phones, no service! I bought a 450$ phone. and have had to pay another 120$in shipping and fees to get it repaired within the warranty! - The phone is still not working, now after 6months. Hornorbuy is asking for me to send it to China a, fourth time, whic every time amounts to 50$ and 2 takes two months... Decide wisely...

Status
Not open for further replies.