Phone will not ring/no sounds at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazysue

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
It works fine, but just suddently stopped ringing for incoming calls; it still vibrates but with no sound>???

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello buddy!
Did you drop the phone somewhere or something ? Try to manage the phone profiles ( silent/discret/normal and etc.). Is the music plays normal ? Use your headset and call someone... is it works?

If nothing from above works try to factory reset the phone (the problem may be software):
1) Save your needed information (photos/videos/music and etc) on your computer.
2) Factory restart the phone with everything clear!
If the sound is still off get this phone to service.

Lido87

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
I exactely have the same problem here!!
If I restart the phone, the problem will disappear for few hours
I did the factory restart but this problem came back after 3 weeks

G

Don't go to all the effort of a reset. See this solution:

The finding is : my 'Phone ringtone' for both SIM was set to one MP3 file which is not present in my device. I think this happens due to malware. I changed them to another sound and it is now functioning. Go: Setting> Sound & Notification> here is some profiles and at the right side one wheel sign, click on it> 3rd line is 'Phone ringtone' enter there and select SIM 1 set ringtone, again select SIM2 and set ring tone.

Taken from:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/us-cellular-galaxy-siii/412569-why-won-t-my-phone-ring-during-incoming-calls.html

kaalberts

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
I figured out why my HTC phone is not ringing. Maybe it is the same for yours.
Go to Settings. Go to Sound and Notification. Go to Do Not Disturb.
For some reason mine was on.

kutzeh

Estimable
Nov 24, 2014

Hi my LG phone does the same..suddenly stopped the slider bar will not go off of the lowest point, tired it in settings. Only works for a few hours when phone is shut off and restarted . Did you find a fix?

droidxperts

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

Solution:
Try to follow the very simple instructions in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPpWKjxlXn4

After searching the net for several months to get this intriguing issue solved properly I finally found a straightforward solution which takes less than 30 seconds to complete. My Android 6 phone turned me crazy by missing almost most of my calls when I always notice too late that it has turned itself into silent mode. All other notifications work fine but the phone ringer is set to silent. I had to restart the phone in order to fix this issue, nothing else could have fixed the ringer volume although the sound profile is set to outdoor. This video was great because since I followed it I never had this problem again.
Please post to other users if your problem was solved or not.

willie.smit

Prominent
Nov 4, 2017
@droidxperts

Your solution worked for me!

Solution:
Try to follow the very simple instructions in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPpWKjxlXn4

After searching the net for several months to get this intriguing issue solved properly I finally found a straightforward solution which takes less than 30 seconds to complete. My Android 6 phone turned me crazy by missing almost most of my calls when I always notice too late that it has turned itself into silent mode. All other notifications work fine but the phone ringer is set to silent. I had to restart the phone in order to fix this issue, nothing else could have fixed the ringer volume although the sound profile is set to outdoor. This video was great because since I followed it I never had this problem again.
Please post to other users if your problem was solved or not.

thapa.manish27

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Turn off "don't distrub" feature in your phone

Settings--> System & Device.

Note: If you dont have this feature at above location then google to find this feature on your phone.

Thanks,
Manish Thapa

gerrybredan

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
maybe you are on the don't distrub mode? I figured out why my HTC phone is not ringing.
Go to Settings. Go to Sound and Notification. Go to Do Not Disturb.
For some reason mine was on.

lipponen

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
I have a Motorola Moto G. Had the same problem. I was able to fix it by shutting the phone off, pulling the SIM card and reseating it. After I restarted the phone, it was working.

reglebit

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
I had the same problem and the only thing i had to do is to change my ringtone . i was using a ringtone that i download from Zedge , it was working fine but after the last update it stopped working . Now i have my phone working back to normal but with a cheezy ringtone lol

muktipathak29801

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.