Built-in Webcam not working.

Mike Goose

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015
Originally bought a Lenovo Ideapad S 300 with Windows 8. Never got it to operate properly, it wouldn't update, and eventually I gave up, uninstalled Windows 8 and installed Windows 7 Professional. It has since operated without difficulty except the built-in webcam does not work (It did work under Windows 8). Have read all the forums I can find dealing with Ideapad S 300 webcams but to no avail. It appears to be dead, not even pressing Fn+Esc will turn the webcam indicator light on/off. What particularly puzzles me is that Device Manager shows Lenovo EasyCam installed and reported to be working correctly but the driver is shown to be Microsoft Version 6.1.7601.18208. If I uninstall the driver and reinstall the Lenovo Windows 7 64 bit driver it still shows that only the Microsoft driver is installed.

Could this be the cause of the problem? Any advice on what I should do to get the webcam working? Regards

Wackyg

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Sorry for the delay in replying, had to go away. Can you please advise where I might find the software for the camera, to which you refer. Regards and thanks.

Wackyg

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Thanks for your response ffg7. Have downloaded and installed from the site you specified, then rebooted, but webcam still seems to be dead. Fn+Esc has no effect. Any more suggestions concerning what I can do. Regards.

Wackyg

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Yes. However, do you suggest that I uninstall both driver and camera software and then reinstall, driver first? I cannot understand why Fn+Esc does not seem to toggle the camera on/off. Device Manager reports that the camera is working correctly! Regards.

Wackyg

Estimable
Apr 4, 2015
Yes, have just done that but I am afraid that the result is still the same as before. That is, no picture from the webcam nor any indication that the webcam is switched on. I'm at a loss to imagine what the next step might be but thanks for your help to-date. Regards.