cannot set up email account on android tablet pc ,all I keep getting after adding info is"cannot connect to server" any ideas

Maisy

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
Have a friend staying who is having trouble setting up an email account. we have done all the filling in email.password etc ,but at the final bit ,we are getting the message.'Couldn't open connection to server" I am a bit lost what to advise next as not a dab hand at this. can you suggest anything i am not doing.? it is an Android tablet pc and when she is at home her email server is BT.

Solution
You need to check your settings that you are entering, as long as your device has internet access, that error is simply from wrong settings somewhere. Your email provider should have online instructions about what to put in. Don't skip or skim over the steps, many people just glance at the instructions and end up skipping settings.
You need to check your settings that you are entering, as long as your device has internet access, that error is simply from wrong settings somewhere. Your email provider should have online instructions about what to put in. Don't skip or skim over the steps, many people just glance at the instructions and end up skipping settings.

Solution