Best Laptop for 3Ds max, Vray and After Effects

kumarsrimali

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
Hello Everybody,

I have good knowledge of hardware but I need expert advice on buying a laptop for using these software. My primary use is 3ds max for architectural visualization and sometimes after effects as well. I know I have to keep my budget pretty high to buy extreme machine for these software. Let me also tell you that I already have an i7 desktop with 16 GB RAM but I just also need a laptop when I'm moving and I'm only be using my desktop when I'm at office. So I don't wanna spend too much on my new laptop because most of the time I'm at office and needs laptop only when I'm home.

FYI I don't travel too much and have no preference on brands but I do prefer reliable laptop brand suggestion. I have heard HP is best after Apple and Dell's official ranking is second after Apple.

I think "Dell Inspiron 15 5547" is a good machine and i5 processor and 8 GB RAM should be enough but just ignore if you have better ideas. I'm open to AMD as well.

I have also heard U in processor name (like 5220U) should be ignored to get best performance.

Please suggest and thanks in advance !

kumarsrimali

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014

Thanks for your reply. Could you be specific about any hardware ?

Look for workstations as these are the best for the tasks you have said, an i5 4300m should do unless you multi task a lot, 8 gig ram and a quadrino card. I would get the equivalent of a gtx 860m in quadrino as a min. You can get better ones depending on how high your budget is. The gpu is the important thing for you. The more vram the gpu has, the better as this can make the rendering in after effects quicker.

kumarsrimali

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014