Best Cellphone Plans (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica_3

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Another affordable wireless carrier is GIV Mobile. GIV Mobile’s no-contract plans start at just $20/month for unlimited talk and text. Utilizing the 4G LTE network of T-Mobile USA, Inc. GIV Mobile’s five affordable unlimited no-contract plans allow users to have fast and reliable connections from nearly anywhere in the U.S. As an added benefit, 8% of each customer’s monthly plan amount is donated to up to three charities of their choice such as Mercy Housing, American Forests and the Alzheimer’s Association.

Tony sfo-yul

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
I use "Simple Mobile" which has a $25 a month 1.5GB Data Plan. No contracts.
They also have higher GB (Gigabyte) limits for $30, $35, a month etc.
I use it in together with "Google Voice" which is free Phone Calling (Send or Receive calls) over the internet. Can be used on an android phone, or an iphone.
You need a Free Google Voice number and Google e-mail to do this.
This means you are making FREE calls over the internet (US and Canada) and paying only $25 a month with a data only plan. You can browse the internet, get your e-mails and make calls and text with a data only plan.
That's why I prefer a Data plan over a regular "talk and text" plan.
It is a pretty reliable cellular signal since it is 4G.
A quirky thing about it though, my phone displays a "voicemail" icon (which is not included in a data plan) and I can't get rid of that notification. (But using Google Voice together, you do have free voicemail).

Tony sfo-yul

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
GIV Mobile is cheap but I looked them up and the signal is 2G, which is a very unreliable, weak cellular signal.
No thanks.

hdonnell

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
PagePlus has a variety of cheap no contract plans. They are on the Verizon network with 3g or 4g LTE. I switched from Verizon unlimited to $30 PagePlus and have not looked back. The data limit on this account is 1gb but overages are cheap. I am using Verizon CDMA Andriod and Windows phones. Haven't found any problems in 2 years. Signup is a little convoluted.

Tbone382001

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
I just switched to Cricket and I couldn't be happier. I got a nice LG Style for 50 bucks after rebates and another 100 gift card for bringing my number over to them. I pay 35 bucks a month doing auto pay, no taxes or other charges. I don't use a whole lot of data so 2.5 GB is enough for me. I was going to get a Note 5 with Verizon. I would have been paying close to a 100 a month after insurance taxes, etc. The LG Style isn't a Note5 but close enough for me. Very happy with the phone. Only bad thing is low memory which was easily fixed with memory card. Paying only 35 bucks a month is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.