I can see photos on iPhone 5s but cannot transfer all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

photosbyiki

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
So I have looked on the interwebs already for a solution to this but cannot find one anywhere. I don't have the issue of the phone being locked or anything like that. The problem is a little more frustrating. I have around 300 photos on my iPhone and I can see them on my iphone. However, when I plug it into my pc or mac, I can only see around 30.
So I downloaded a software called Syncios, which just allows you to transfer photos and videos from your phone to the pc. The good news, in Syncios I can see all my photos. The bad news, even though it allows me to select and export all the photos, only 30 still transfer.

What is going on here? Can anyone help please, it's driving me crazy and the iPhone won't let me take anymore photos until I've offloaded what I have on there.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

photosbyiki

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015
QUOTED SPAM REDACTED - SS

Hi Thank you for your reply. However, this is not my issue. I am already aware of the iphone lock issue and have made sure that my iphone is unlocked before I connect. Like I said in my post, the photos are on my iphone and I can see them (they are photos that were taken on the iphone). When I plug the iphone to the computer, I only see a small amount of them, around 20-30. When I used a 3rd party software (Syncios) I can see ALL the 300 photos but it will still only allow me to offload the same 20-30 photos.

I haven't seen any answers to this anywhere online so I was hoping you guys maybe knew the answer or a better way to troubleshoot this.

photosbyiki

Estimable
Jul 22, 2015

Hi Darina,

Unfortunately no. I got no help from no one. It's like the issue doesn't even exist out there. In the end I just ended buying a new iPhone6s. I recommend you cutting your losses and move on to another device.

Sorry I'm no help to you :(

Robert_LaCroix

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Okay, I think I figured it out. I had the exact same problem. I would try to transfer my photos but only a couple would show up,
-Download the iCloud app to your pc.
-In the iCloud (not iPhotos) part of the app, you check the photos box.
-Click the options button to the right.
-Check all the boxes in this menu, then click download library, then select the year(s) you want to download.
-Click download. (There is no notification that anything has happened)
-Within C:\Users\username\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads, an empty folder(s) appears.
(I thought great, thanks for nothing.)
Keep your iPhone connected.
About 5 minutes later I noticed pictures were beginning to fill up my empty folder, even the ones I couldn't download before.

Susan18

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
DITTO! I have 166 photos on my iPhone but only 46 show up on my pc when I connect??? so frustrating that I can't get to those pics?? Any ideas??

Soren_1

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

I had exactly the same problem, 300 photos on iPhone but only 9 on the PC. Apparently the photos have to be stored in the "camera roll" in the iPhone - other maps will not be shown on the PC. But unfortunately I could not move pictures from other maps to camera roll. I installed Google Drive on the iPhone and were able to grap the photos via Google Drive:)

Ken_NZ

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Robert_LaCroix's post has the solution, though not the explanation.

If your PC sees fewer photos than you can on your iPhone it is because the other photos are stored in iCloud, and not on your phone. What you see on your phone are 'optimised versions' which are inaccessible to you. The originals are only stored in iCloud, not your iPhone. Therefore they only way to get them is to sync via iCloud to your PC, by installing the iCloud application on your PC.

This whole issue seems to be caused by a setting on your iPhone under Settings > iCloud > Photos > 'Optimise iPhone Storage. If you select 'Download and Keep Originals' I believe you shouldn't have this issue, though your iPhone will run out of storage space a lot faster.
The other way to avoid it would probably be to disable the iCloud Photo Library in the same settings screen.

Soren_1

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

Soren_1

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016
Hi Robert
For me it was not the problem that the photos were stocked on iCloud - I am completely sure they were stocked the iPhone and the Google Drive solution was the only thing that worked for me.

iphoneprobs

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi I seem to be having the same problem. Usually what I do is, I connect my iPhone and I go to file explorer and I just copy and paste any new picture or videos into a new folder and just move the folder to my desktop. This time I can't seem to find any of my videos and I know it's because of the "Optimize iPhone Storage" but I selected the "Download and Keep Originals" option after I realized that was the problem. Even though I chose the other option it's not helping, I still can't find the videos. I also know that I can access it through iCloud so I logged into my account on iCloud on my computer but I can't seem to know where to find the photos AND videos. Can someone help me out? Thank You

Soren_1

Commendable
Oct 13, 2016

iphoneprobs

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Actually I just went to the iCloud Website & it had everything thank god the only problem is that I have to download everything, I can't just copy and paste but it's fine, at least I got it working.

vipva2912

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
I found solution to this: You should download icloud app to PC. After that, on PC, click on Computers --> iCloud Photos, there you can see 1 down blue arrow of Downloads, 1 up blue arrow of Uploads, and 1 cloud of Shared, there are nothing in those, no problem, look up on some sentences up above them, click on Download photos and videos, then click All if you want to download All pictures from your Iphone to PC. After some minutes only, you can click on the down blue arrow of Downloads, things are there.
Good luck!!

Winker_1773

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017

Karen_89

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

Claudia_10

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
Hi!! I had the same issue but could rescue my pictures with your idea of using iCloud. Thanks!!

jseroka

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

I have 13.000 thousand pictures and I only have chance to transfer about 200 only ,from the drive .I can see the folder on my Windows C: drive and I copy those 200 but no lack to the rest of them .Same as You I can see them on the phone as Albums but no chance to get them out.
I hate Apple ,The Nexus from Google is letting me just copy and paste picture from one device to another no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.