Gear VR for Galaxy S6 Review: May Induce Awesomeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Tried one at Best Buy. While the experience was neat, it wasn't quite as immersive as I hoped it could be. The biggest thing is that it is just a screen in front of you, with your peripheral view point just being a blank. If they could find a way have the lens perhaps warp the screen to cover that section of your vision, the experience would be that much greater. Here's hoping that it can be done. :)

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014
Hi Vlad. Thanks for the comment. Maybe it was just the demo, but there are plenty of apps and games where it's truly 360 degrees and your peripheral vision isn't blank.

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Could be. I should stop by there again sometime and ask since it really did feel like it detracted from the experience. Thank you for the information. :)

One thing the Samsung representative did mention though is that he said that none of the models of the Gear VR work for the Note Edge; The Note 4= yes, Note Edge = no. Do you know if that is true or not since I have the Edge myself?

helloruby

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
I hope my article helped you and I need to link from you and you are welcome to cooperate with me. thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.