Your question

10 Reasons the iPhone Beats Android

Tags:
  • iPhone
  • Smartphones
  • Android
Last response: in iPhone
July 2, 2015 2:01:32 PM

I like Android phones. But when most friends and family ask me what phone to buy, I tend to recommend the iPhone over Android. Here’s why.

10 Reasons the iPhone Beats Android : Read more

More about : reasons iphone beats android

July 3, 2015 5:25:36 AM

Actually, both iOS and Android suck.
I tried both already and I still did not found the ultimate smart mobile OS yet.
I am putting a new hope for Win10.
m
l
July 3, 2015 12:10:45 PM

Quote:
Actually, both iOS and Android suck.

After thinking long and hard to come up with an informative comment, you come up with "both iOS and Android suck?!?" Maybe you can think a little harder and maybe expand on your comment and maybe tell us why you feel this way?
m
l
Related resources
July 3, 2015 12:18:26 PM

I could easily debate each of the Ten items above but I don't have time nor do I want to bore anyone. All I can say is, Android has had all of the above years before Apple. NFC?!? High quality cameras?!? Ease of use?!? It appears this author was using a very long extension trying to come up with Ten Reasons and 9 out of 10 are simply wrong! Nice try though....
m
l
July 3, 2015 6:41:48 PM

phoophan said:
I could easily debate each of the Ten items above but I don't have time nor do I want to bore anyone. All I can say is, Android has had all of the above years before Apple. NFC?!? High quality cameras?!? Ease of use?!? It appears this author was using a very long extension trying to come up with Ten Reasons and 9 out of 10 are simply wrong! Nice try though....
I agree with you Apple is way overpriced what they give you over Android Smart Phones.

m
l
July 3, 2015 6:53:40 PM

Nothing wrong with a windows phone. At least it works with the stereo here lol. Supports BT, NFC.

You can move apps to an sd card. You cant on Android unless you root it. Supports wireless charging. Well it will once the charging pad arrives.

Cant say much about the Iphone. Never had one dont intend to buy one either. Too expensive

m
l
July 3, 2015 7:46:45 PM

I'm just watching the salt pour out of the Android fanboys. And before you say that if the author had put the article "10 reasons why Android beasts iOS" I'd be doing the same thing, no I wouldn't. I would accept the author's reasons but still have a personal preference.

Basically, grow up.
m
l
a b Ë Android
July 3, 2015 7:53:40 PM

I have used ios, Android and Windows phones. I currently use a Windows 8 phone (Lumia 635), and want to point out that the app support is currently somewhere between limited and nonexistent. The preinstalled stuff is fine, but 90% of apps only get made for ios or Android which can be frustrating. Win 10 Mobile promises to address this issue, and allow for some type of emulation, but I am a little skeptical that this will work out.
m
l
July 3, 2015 8:14:48 PM

True android have more apps. Pity that most of the android smartphones here are crap.

They dont have enough space so you can actually update the apps on them

Unless you know which one to get (thats not expensive)

I haven't got anything that I would need a windows app for.

BUT, I may get some wifi security cams soon

And the only apps that they support are android apps. So may have to buy a cheap android
m
l
July 4, 2015 6:49:53 AM

I'm just watching the salt pour out of the Android fanboys. And before you say that if the author had put the article "10 reasons why Android beasts iOS" I'd be doing the same thing, no I wouldn't. I would accept the author's reasons but still have a personal preference.

Basically, grow up.
m
l
a b Ë Android
July 5, 2015 8:47:15 AM

Silly lawsuit. Android does exactly the same thing. Heck, Windows could be sued for the same offense as well!
m
l
July 5, 2015 2:01:44 PM

1. Very subjective. I've always used iPhones, but recently bought a OnePlus One, and picked up Android immediately.
2. I'll totally give you this one.
3. VERY Subjective. There are a lot of apps on Android I can't and likely will never be able to get on iPhone. Some of them I practically need now that I have them.
4. I'll half give you this. There isn't really true bloatware on iOS, but there are plenty of stock apps I can't remove that I wish I could: Apple Watch, Game Center, Voice Memos, Passbook, Stocks, Apple maps, Newstand, Health, Podcasts, Tips are all apps I want gone. If it was like Android and I could have apps installed that don't show up on my homescreens, then I wouldn't care. But I can't.
5. I don't have a Mac.
6. I'll also give you this one.
7. Apple Pay won't be widely available for several years, and I live in a small town where I'll never see it without traveling half an hour to a major retailer.
8. I don't have a smart home.
9. I don't have anything I want to share with my family. This is MY personal device. Not my family's.
10. Android has forums, Apple has forums. Apple's forums are not better. In fact a lot of questions have thousands of unanswered threads because only Apple knows what the problem is and they don't release PSAs to let us know about them because that would cause people to talk about "that problem iOS has." And the nearest Apple Store is over an hour away.
m
l
July 6, 2015 6:43:29 AM

Thanks for your comment. It's true that Android beats iPhone in some areas, including NFC. My colleague has a good counterpoint column that outlines Android strengths here: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/android-is-better-than-ipho...

But I'd argue that with something like NFC, it only became truly relevant and mainstream with Apple Pay. It's not about the underlying technology, it's about what consumers can do with it. Pairing two devices with a tap is just nice to have.

phoophan said:

m
l
July 6, 2015 9:26:20 AM

1) It depends on the user. I personally find my Samsung easier to use, but my wife prefers her iPhone.

2) That's not necessarily a bad thing as updating to the newest and greatest of the OS can sometimes cause more problems than good until all bugs have been ironed out. This applies to both android and apple phones.

3.) Again, that is subjective. There are apps that come out on Apple first, there are apps that come out on Android first. There are some apps that will never come out on Apple due to their closed garden approach. There are, however, quite a few junk apps on Android.

4.) Personally, I haven't had an issue with bloatware even though everyone says Verizon and Samsung load their phones with it. If there is an app I won't use they pre-install, I can easily uninstall it. Quite a few of them though I have found quite handy. This argument can be made the same way with Windows vs OSX in that they pre-load a ton of apps on OSX and it is supposedly better. Is less or more better? As they say "you can't have it both ways"; Apple seems to think otherwise.

5.) iPhone: works great with Macs; completely messes up Windows based PCs. And Linux? You're on your own there. Basically, if you subscribe to Apple's 'walled garden' approach, you're good to do. For the other 80% of the users out there without a Mac, this is not an advantage at all.

6.) iPhone cameras may be great, but there are other Android devices that are better (and worse). The Samsung Galaxy S6 isn't the only game in town.

7.) Apple pay isn't supported yet except in very few places. Samsung already has their own version of it, google will soon as well. By the time this feature becomes mainstream, every device will have it.

8.) You can do the same thing just as easily with an Android device. And because Android phones are more open than iPhones, you can potentially add communication devices that Apple would have to await approval through their store.

9.) This one I'm not sure about since I've never tried it with google's play store. However, you can with the Amazon app store; which works just fine for me and my father on our android devices (my wife's iPhone is left out in the cold).

10.) Android has just as much support as Apple does; forums, stores, etc. The only difference is if you need to take one in for repair, the iPhone device will cost you more as only the Apple store will fix Apple devices; and charge a premium for it.

So let's add another feature that lacks in the iPhone; and the main reason why I got an Android device instead: expandable memory. My wife's iPhone is constantly running out of space due to pictures taken to the point where she bought a 2nd Android phone strictly for storing music. My Note Edge on the other hand has a MicroSD slot; allowing me to either upgrade it cheaply or swap out when full. If you're like me and don't have internet access where you work, but want to listen to music still; this is a must have feature.
m
l
July 6, 2015 2:29:38 PM

The only 2 reasons that are legitimate in my book are #1 and 10. Otherwise all of the rest are being eliminated, such as Android not having a pay system and a good camera. The new S6 has the best camera there is, and Samsung Pay is making its debut. As far as working with Macs, I don't care, as I have never owned any Apple product, and the bloatware is generally added by each carrier, so that's not the fault of Android. Apple may come up with the best apps, but that's all you're allowed to install. Android has all kinds of apps you can use, and the shy's the limit. I'll never buy into Apple's "do it the way we tell you to do it" system.
m
l
July 7, 2015 2:52:03 AM

After reading your article i want to buy iphone.
m
l
July 7, 2015 3:07:06 PM

I counter your opinion wiitih... MORE OPINIONS :) . No hard feelings, I love my Macbook, but I definitely prefer Android for my tablet and phone needs.

1. I find that Android is easiest to use. It is more similar to a PC environment, something most people are familiar with. I have no idea what I'm doing when I pick up my girlfriend's iPhone.

2. Agreed, this is annoying. However, it's more at the fault of the carriers than Google.

3. I've never had an issue finding an app on my android device.

4. Agreed, bloatware sucks. However, this is easy to fix by rooting, or you can just hide bloatware by disabling it or using a custom launcher. Yayy options!

5. My android works beautifully with my Macbook Pro. I do really wish I had iMessenger though (the only reason I'd ever consider an iPhone, but the cons outweigh the pros for me).

6. I feel that most Android flagships have much better cameras than iPhones, and the majority of iPhone adds showing camera shots have a little disclaimer saying "this photo was touched up by X app..."

7. Google Wallet is supported everywhere Apple Pay is, at least where I live. And it's been around for much longer.

8. Android lets you control a bunch of smart devices as well. 'Ok Google' works better than Siri, and the extra Chromecast support that isn't included on iPhones is awesome (yes, there is SOME chromecast functionality on iPhones).

9. I don't really know anything about family sharing, nor do I really care about it.

10. Agreed, I enjoy having the Genius Bar as an option for my other Apple products.
m
l
July 9, 2015 3:37:39 PM

1. Honestly the two phones are designed so similiar. If you think you can nagivate around on an iphone and you think an android is too complicated to use. Then you haven't actually used one. They are so both straight forward.
2.This is true, but think about how much more work has to be done to create new a OS for all them different companies of android compared to just one yearly iphone.
3. I have never had a problem on either device finding an app and there are always similar apps on each phone for Google's personal apps and Apple's personal apps
4.Depends how you pick up the double sided sword, You can group all the useless apps and junk into a folder on both Phones, but you can actually delete them on the Android.
5.Would never own a Mac, need a real computer tower to do what i do.
6. I believe the S6 has a better camera, if you actually look at comparsions. Check out the link to see http://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6,revie...
7.Google Wallet has been around for a little longer and works everywhere Apple Pay does.
8.Dont have a Smart Home, but i believe there still are android apps to do the same thing
10. Best support for three arm and a leg for every transaction. Dead battery, let me charge you to open it and then for the battery. No thanks ill just buy a new battery on amazon for 20 bucks for my galaxy.

How are so articles so opinionated and full of such detailed facts.
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s6-vs-iphone-6,revie...
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/android-is-better-than-ipho...
m
l
September 10, 2015 7:34:44 AM

1. Better Hardware and Software Integration
Nope. Can be true sometimes for cheap low-end devices, but starting from half the price of an iPhone everything works very well ...

2. Great Cameras
Sure, iPhone has a great camera, but they suck compared to camera's in high-end Sony and Samsung phones, and especially compared to LG's G3 an G4 camera's.

3. It's the Easiest Phone to Use
Partly. Personally, I think Windows Phone is even easier to use. And iOS is easier just because the only thing you can do on an iPhone is open an app. With my android phone I automate my life ! An iPhone stands closer qua functionality to a dumbphone than to a pimped android phone. The easiest phone to use were the old Nokia's ;-)

4. OS Updates When You Want Them
True that. On android i have to flash custom ROMS for that, not easy for non-techies, but it IS possible ...

5. The Best Apps First
This was true some years ago. Nowadays apps come out for iOS and Android simultaneously, android just because more people use them.
Great apps like Whatsapp, facebook, Instagram give their beta's and new functionalities first on android, if everything 's fine IOS gets the too.

6. No Bloatware!
Not true in Europe. No bloatware here, but we pay for our phones ourselves ;-)

7. Works beautifully with Macs
Almost as good as android works together with google I presume ? I don't use a Mac, most people still don't

8. Apple Pay
Not useable here. Android alternatives are there, Bancontact and Visa apps coming up that are better integrated with our banks, as it should be.

9. Family Sharing
True that? matter of time perhaps ?

10. Best Support and Help
I don't even like Samsung, but I had a question with some of their software, got a call 3 hours later in my own language with about the best support I EVER got from an IT company (and i did IT support and consultancy myself ;-)
m
l
September 10, 2015 11:42:56 AM

1. Better hardware and software integration
Uhm, this is your opinion. I love my Note 3, and I love the software integration with TouchWiz... but yet, this is my opinion. Touch Display is neat, but not a "OMG I MUST GET AN IPHONE NOW" deal.

2. Great Cameras
Galaxy Note 5 is just as good, if not better, than the iPhone camera. Honestly, all phones take great pictures. "but I suspect live photos will actually catch on because more people will be exposed to it and because apple makes options like this easy to use." lol what? This is a matter of opinion.

3. It's the easiest phone to use
Again, opinion. Android is way easier to use. See that? That is my opinion. You literally have a phone with a bunch of icons plastered on a single screen in rows. On Android, you have WIDGETS, FOLDERS, and several (some good, some bad) launchers. More customization, and less clutter. Your article is implying that something like the Start Menu on Windows is hard to use, or the dialog menus are hard to use in OSX. Come on.

4.OS Updates When You Want Them
I'll give you that. Android is a PITA to update. Oh, crap. It's not Android's fault. It's the CARRIER'S fault. They have their own process for OTA updates.

5. The Best Apps first
There are tons of apps that come out for Android before they even are thought about being released on Apple. This is a stupid comparison.

Oh, and did you know most apps that are paid on iOS are free on Android?

6. No bloatware
So no stock apps are installed what's so ever? Unlikely. There is bloatware. Carrier bloatware is admittedly an issue for Android, but you can disable most of them. Or just root your device and remove them all.

7. Works beautifully with macs
I don't have a Mac. I have Linux and Windows 10. iOS and Linux are a bad combination. Android works great on all three.

8. Apple Pay
Google Wallet came out way before Apple Pay.
Samsung Pay supports all current and future machines.

9. Family Sharing
Neat feature - with the "Ask to buy" stuff, I'll admit. The rest? Meh. I can already do this with Google.

10. Best Support and Help
Uhm, Android has plenty of good support and if you really need help your carrier likely offers help for the most part. Also, no "Genius Bar" anywhere near where I live. So, useless.

Tom's Guide has lost all of my respect and trust after reading this crap article. All of this is opinions, and no proof or fact to back it up.
m
l
September 10, 2015 12:12:27 PM

I started to use mobile phone since 1995, the first one was very bulky Motorola Dyna Tac. I never owned Blackberry although my wife and kids owned this as well as most my friend, because Windows Mobile much better and compatible with my laptop. I loose my trust to Apple product because my first desk top 1982 Apple IIe was killed by IBM PC, my first PDA Apple Newton was killed by Palm Pilot and also presently iOS almost killed by Android as well as Blackberry which is almost die.
If iPhone beats Android why global market share of iOS almost stay at around 20% since 2009 compared with Android which less than 5% on 2009 then jumped up to 77% on Q1 2014 as per reported by www.businessinsider.com?
m
l
September 10, 2015 3:33:06 PM

This site is coming nothing more than an Apple advert. Look at the "news" page 1st page 6 Apple articles, next page 13 Apple stories........ sad to see from a once great site.
m
l
a b Ë Android
September 10, 2015 5:33:12 PM

because there was an apple event yesterday. Maybe you should go read the news once in a while.
m
l
September 10, 2015 11:42:08 PM

There is a larger issue that an article like this fails to notice, I'll mention that at the end of my comment. First, my issues with this article:
1."Better Hardware and Software Integration" is decided by the manufacturer. this "Taptic engine" could easily be implemented by an android phone if a company just decided "hey, let's do that"
2. "Great Cameras" is not an argument on the side of apple. Android has phones with 16 megapixel cameras, usually from LG.
3. iPhones definitely are the easiest phones to use. Android is more customize-able. That's not a point on either side, it's a trade off, like windows or linux.
4. " OS Updates When You Want Them" is part of the larger issue, but basically, if you want to compare iPhones and Androids, you have to use the nexus devces. This point is irrelevant on nexus devices.
5. "The Best Apps First" (I wouldn't know about this one)
6. "No Bloatware!" this is the main problem caused by the larger problem. Irrelevant on nexus devices.
7. "Works beautifully with Macs" That has to be the weakest argument I've ever heard. We don't all have macs, most people use windows.
8."Apple Pay" is the same old tactic apple has always used, turning old tech into a marketing point. This is nothing new and everyone with a newer smartphone has this tech.
9. "Family Sharing" the majority of features here are also provided by google, but they aren't just family oriented. The purchasing thing is not on android as far as I know, someone might correct me.
10. " Best Support and Help" that costs. The apple support site has never offered me useful help for free. Android users are not "On their own", there is a great community built around android that can provide great help for FREE

The larger issue starts at google allowing anyone to produce android phones. These third parties, mainly Samsung and LG, have their own visions for android, and modify base android to their liking. They load bloatware on to their phones and absolutely MUST modify android before allowing it anywhere near their devices, causing greatly extended times before their users can get their updates. Samsung doesn't even want to be part of google's system in the first place, but they can't produce their phones without google's android, and they destroy the android ecosystem because of it.

iPhones belong to Apple, and only apple. Google freely allows anyone to use android. If you want to compare the two, you have to eliminate as many variables as possible where it comes to production. Apple does all production for iPhones, so the only device good for comparison would be the nexus devices. They are produced according to google's plan and nobody else's, just like iPhones. Any other android will be plagued with issues.
m
l
September 25, 2015 10:44:19 PM

1. Better Hardware and Software Integration?stylus is superior
2. Great Cameras?Galaxy 6/Note 5 have better overall cameras
3. It's the Easiest Phone to Use?in the past? Not easy when functions missing
4. OS Updates When You Want Them?Correct (easier on reduced variety). Investment diminishes when moving to other OS
5. The Best Apps First?Tested on iphone (less variations) & mature on Android (cheaper & more useful apps)
6. No Bloatware!?Google Nexus is better value, your choice if the bloatware is really useful (eg. $70 free Navigon on older Galaxy)
7. Works beautifully with Macs?Not with remaining 90%+ of PCs
8. Apple Pay?really???
9. Family Sharing?iPay$$s? thanks. Frends sharing free apps
10. Best Support & Help?Absolutely true if stores available & functionality supported. Not true if majority has Android (Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, India…). Custom ROMs?
m
l
November 11, 2015 2:34:15 PM

better hardware? you dont know what you are saying or talking about, actually look at whats in an iphone
m
l
November 11, 2015 8:15:43 PM

cherzo said:
better hardware? you dont know what you are saying or talking about, actually look at whats in an iphone

m
l
November 11, 2015 8:40:57 PM

You are right. I'm IT pro & had (~best) smartphones since 2001.
iPhone never competes on hardware but ecosystem (if you can afford to be locked-in). It cannot compete with so many functions missing:
Stylus
removable battery
SD card
FM radio
universal NFC/pay
screen to body ratio
various shapes/configurations
dust/waterproof
rugged
USB3
infra-red
oxygen/UV/etc sensors
back/task phisical buttons
QHD/UHD resolution
>12MP camera
>2GB ram
universal usb charge
battery life >1.5days
USB Om the Go
Dual front speakers
Thermometer
WiFi direct
Wireless charging
Round/flexible screen
Best Screen tech (SAMOLED)
Use bluetooth mouse (not sure)…

This 2yrd old list is mostly valid:
http://thedroideffect.com/100-things-iphone-5s-still-ca...
m
l
February 10, 2016 4:46:49 AM

Even if most of this article wasn't true (which it is, by the way), Apple destroys Android in ease of use. The multiple homescree a are tedious, confusing, and entirely unnecessary. In my opinion, that is the most important category when choosing a phone, and Apple wins by miles and miles. Also, the iPhone is beautifully designed, which Androids simply are not. Nobody wants an ugly phone.
m
l
February 13, 2016 2:02:26 PM

^ The sony xperias and the newer samsung devices look nice and use high quality materials in their build, so they are on par to iphones. And apple is just like german cars are. A useless status symbol.
m
l
February 15, 2016 11:38:28 AM

iphones are not very compatible with windows computer. end of story.
m
l
February 16, 2016 3:16:40 AM

rebby631 said:
iphones are not very compatible with windows computer. end of story.

Apple products aren't compatible with the world's standards of anything. Only the wealthy and vain use macs and iphones where I am. In the workplace, everyone uses windows (7) and android devices. On top of that, almost all software is compatible with windows, and Android works great and simple with windows, just like a simple flash drive.
m
l
February 25, 2016 2:32:39 AM

6s beats android? you must specify a 1 android phone to compare with iphone 6s, the one with the same specs or relative to 6s specs. Try to compare it with Sony Xperia series you'll notice the difference not to that korean Samsung [watch you language].
m
l
March 23, 2016 3:24:22 PM

Wait "apple pay" have you heard of Samsung pay. Not all androids but s6,s6 edge,note 5 and s7 and s7 edge have Samsung pay that works on any credit card terminal and the rest have Android pay so its like the same.
m
l
March 25, 2016 6:14:48 PM

That's a great point of view but I can give you at least 15 reasons that android is better than IOS, hardware and software wise.
As a sample, Android used amoled displays while iphones still continue to use traditional leds.
Android's security goes way beyond ios with fingerprint scanners.
Androids are far more customizable that iphones.
Androids can be charged from any kind of micro usb cords (iphones can't).
Android has everything Google (the worlds largest search engine) has to offer like google now, and I guarantee iPhone users use Google search but only get a tiny taste of the pie.
I could go on and on and on but I don't feel like typing that much.
I had an iphone one time for a short time and after I saw what android had I swore I'd never switch back.
m
l
March 25, 2016 6:37:51 PM

I couldn't imagine thinking iphones ever being better than androids. I can can come up with at least 15 reasons why android is waaaaaayyyy better than ios or iphones.
But for now heres a little sample.
Androids are far more customizable than iphones, with widgets that tell you the weather, the time in other countries and voice comands without even opening a single thing.
Androids are made from some of the world's best manufacturers like sony, LG and samsung, iphones: Apple.
Androids have far more and better features like sd slots, rf blasters to turn your phone into a TV remote (which kicks ass when the other remotes are missing), fingerprint scanners to unlock your phone, and the ability to check your heart rate, stress level and automatically counts your steps when you walk somewhere.
And best of all, with android, you have everything Google (the world's largest search engine) has to offer like google now and upload photos to google drive with one tap, I guarantee iPhone users use Google search and only get a tiny taste of that Google pie.
And with android your not on your own, my galaxy s6 has a samsung support app that notifies you when your phone even hiccups, and has a live chat support (free of course) where I can video chat with a live technician, without having to go to a store.
Need more reasons? I got plenty more, just let me know when you wanna hear em.
m
l
March 26, 2016 10:54:47 AM

Sorry buddy but this article is a total failure. You just gave me 10 reason.... in which 8 android is already good at. Mean while i can give you 30 reason why i will stick to my GS6 Edge+. ????????
m
l
March 26, 2016 12:15:14 PM

yose3 said:
Sorry buddy but this article is a total failure. You just gave me 10 reason.... in which 8 android is already good at. Mean while i can give you 30 reason why i will stick to my GS6 Edge+. ????????

m
l
March 26, 2016 3:55:32 PM

The link between reasons 5 and 6 -- REBUTTAL: 10 Reasons Android Beats the iPhone -- is to this same article.
m
l
March 26, 2016 8:51:58 PM

How can Live Photos be a feature, it is the same thing as a 2 second video. And the argument for works beautifully with macs is a terrible argument because more people have windows over mac and if you have an android phone you most likely have a windows. The only 2 thing on this list I think are accurate are the best support and the fast OS updates, but that is more of a carrier fault then the phone makers.
m
l
March 28, 2016 6:58:19 PM

You forgot: it is the phone that Tim recommends.
m
l
April 27, 2017 4:31:57 PM

Hard to argue against that iPhone is better than Android? No way! Android is much better.

Like iPhone is easier to use? Give me a break, like in all Apple products integration in a forced system makes everything locked and hard to use. You for example have to copy things through iTunes, and can't copy videos to it, without using a lot of time and hassle in a third party program BEFORE you let it seep through iTunes. And Android is also much more intuitive to use in itself. I have had bought iPhone and Android, and now I would never go back to iPhone. Never!
m
l
April 27, 2017 8:09:43 PM

Advertising stuff... On the same structure, you could build an article that supports Android phones and get as the result a different winner (can't do that with a Windows phone, yet). It's all a matter of personal choice which is not wrong as long as you admit it and not try to preach it as the only true belief.
m
l
April 27, 2017 9:25:53 PM

for Android 1.5 GB RAM is nothing, it need 3 GB to run smoothly, really ????
Ubuntu take just 600 MB Ram to run , a Whole Desktop OS !
m
l
April 28, 2017 1:09:28 AM

"easiest phone to use"

That's not a fact, but a opinion. The whole Android vs iOS thing is just a useless topic. One person prefers Android, other iOS. Just let them, instead of argueing about it...

If I have an Andoid problem, I can fix it without help (most of the time). My grandpa has an iPad, if there is a problem with it, I should look it up before I try something.

Ask me how to turn on an iMac and I'll say: What?

Again, it's just what you prefer.
m
l
April 28, 2017 1:22:00 AM

SorryForYelling said:
Hard to argue against that iPhone is better than Android? No way! Android is much better.

Like iPhone is easier to use? Give me a break, like in all Apple products integration in a forced system makes everything locked and hard to use. You for example have to copy things through iTunes, and can't copy videos to it, without using a lot of time and hassle in a third party program BEFORE you let it seep through iTunes. And Android is also much more intuitive to use in itself. I have had bought iPhone and Android, and now I would never go back to iPhone. Never!

I tried an iPhone 4 (yes outdated, but cheap) myself. Man, being not allowed to directly copy files from and to the phone is just annoying. Downloading MP3's? No way on the device itself. Then you have iTunes. Me: how does it work?

Yes, I am an Android/Windows user.

My point is (also): iOS isn't as easy as they say (to me).
m
l
April 28, 2017 1:26:47 AM

Apple phone loses because of the price, it's overpriced technology
m
l
April 28, 2017 4:43:01 AM

O)bviously a back hander here from Apple. There is no way on this planet that a closed system device will ever be better than an open. It is that simple. This report is utter nonsense as it is all over written by the fact there is no flexibility and you pay through the teeth for a device which, lets face it, is no better than its android counterpart!

Both have serious issues, bloatware, or lack of control over how you use it.

Sorry but as a guy who works in electronics, Apple is no better than android and if anything is worse. Yes some of its operations are better than android, some are not. Cannot extend its memory, batteries cant be swapped (not that all androids can be either these days) but there is the benefit, android gives you that choice. If you want to extend the memory, you buy a phone with a card slot, if you want to swap batteries, you buy one that allows it. If you want one you can add on specialised camera's you buy one, all generally at fairly cheap retail prices.

Apple sucks the big one as it is a closed system run by a dictatorship who makes you pay for anything and everything!
m
l
April 28, 2017 6:35:16 AM

This article fails to mention the Pixel, Moto Z, which are as close Android stock as you can get. Apple pay is better because it is more used? Come on! If you have to list best support, does that mean more people are having issues with Iphone? I don't know about you but last time I was at the Verizon store, that guy gave me great support and knew my phone in and out. Works great with Mac's? Are you kidding me? That is a reason? Can it be come your computer like the new Galaxy S8? And it's easier to use because the software look has not been updated since the Flintstones? WOW!
m
l
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter