International Version of Galaxy S6?

XxMcWeinerxX

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014
Sorry for posting this again, I posted it in the wrong forum the first time...

I am about to purchase the Galaxy s6 phone. I was planning on buying one through Amazon because it is cheaper. I noticed that the Galaxy S6 that Amazon sells is the international version. After reading reviews, people say that international versions will not be best fitted for some carriers/networks. I want to make sure that the phone I buy will be best fitted for my carrier which is T-Mobile in the US.

I was wondering if there is indeed a dramatic difference in connectivity between an international unlocked version, Unlocked Version thats not region locked, or just buy it through T-Mobile store which is much more expensive?

Is there a difference between the 3? And is there a way I can take the international version to a tmobile store and they can tune it for there network? Thanks!

Solution
The first two you linked are identical. Both are factory unlocked versions of the international variant. Per the description in the Amazon listing: "Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint."

All three will work on T-Mobile, however, the international variants probably won't get T-Mobile updates. To give you an anecdote, T-Mobile customers with a T-Mobile branded S6 received the 5.1.1 Android update about a week before it started rolling out to other variants. T-Mobile also may not offer/honor warranties for international variants, which is another thing to consider.
The first two you linked are identical. Both are factory unlocked versions of the international variant. Per the description in the Amazon listing: "Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint."

All three will work on T-Mobile, however, the international variants probably won't get T-Mobile updates. To give you an anecdote, T-Mobile customers with a T-Mobile branded S6 received the 5.1.1 Android update about a week before it started rolling out to other variants. T-Mobile also may not offer/honor warranties for international variants, which is another thing to consider.

Solution

XxMcWeinerxX

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

So will the internationally unlocked one be compatible with T-mobiles 4g and LTE bands?