Picking up Non-Verizon Towers With Straight Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGPB

Honorable
Jun 20, 2015
We are getting the Inland Cellular operator when we try to make a phone call out of the city limits and in some of the smaller towns around us. We get a message that our phone are not registered on their system. According to the Verizon map we were in the Extended 4G coverage area. I talked to the Inland Cellular operator and they said I needed to talk with Straight Talk to resolve the issue. I call Straight Talk and they say since I have a BYOP it is my problem. We have a Samsung S3 and S5, Has anyone else had this issue after moving their Verizon Phones to Straight Talk

Solution
That's just a roaming issue, you are going outside the service area. Although the fact that you used your own phone should not affect how Straight Talk handles service. If the phone broke, then it's your thing, questions about the service they should handle.

These types of coverage issues are one of the big trade-offs you get with the bargain service providers like Straight-Talk, MetroPCS, etc... Slower network speeds and poor streaming is another, even when you have a strong connection. They tend to throttle things like Netflix and YouTube.
That's just a roaming issue, you are going outside the service area. Although the fact that you used your own phone should not affect how Straight Talk handles service. If the phone broke, then it's your thing, questions about the service they should handle.

These types of coverage issues are one of the big trade-offs you get with the bargain service providers like Straight-Talk, MetroPCS, etc... Slower network speeds and poor streaming is another, even when you have a strong connection. They tend to throttle things like Netflix and YouTube.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.