Unlocking an amd phenom ii x2 565 black edition

chazz11bravo

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Please my ignorance on this matter. I'm attempting to unlock a 3rd core my AMD phenom II x2 565 black. I've found a vid on youtube for the 555 which is very close in the bios looks wise but not the same. I attempted an unlock using the 555 vid with no luck. I've search and googled for intructrions. All I've found are useless reviews telling me the stats and how easy it is to unlock. I'm a lil' frustrated so please excuse my demeanor. I'm using an asus m4a79t deluxe board. Thanks in advance to any help given.

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Might not be able to with that board, as i dont think i has an "unlocker" feature. This would, however, be in the BIOS if your board was able to. Im not sure where though, as i am not familia with this board.

imran_t

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Correct me if I'm wrong but your motherboard does not have core unlocking features.

Only certain motherboards have these features.

EDIT: Snap! posted before me :p

casualbuilder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Best of luck. Just a side note, watch your temps and do a Prime95 to make sure the other 2 cores are stable and wont cause issues for you. Prime95 for a stress test (2 hours minimum) and CoreTemp for temperature monitoring.