I pad 1

Solution
I'd say no. Unlike the original iPods (which are still great and in pretty high demand in certain areas), the iPads are too multifunctional to age well. It's hardware won't keep up with the software or the third-party apps, which is, for most people, the major attraction to a tablet. It's already been excluded from official iOS updates since like iOS 6.

If you get a particularly pristine unit (like, in the box, shrink-wrapped and unopened), it may have some worth to collectors in the future. May not see a very big return on your investment though.
I'd say no. Unlike the original iPods (which are still great and in pretty high demand in certain areas), the iPads are too multifunctional to age well. It's hardware won't keep up with the software or the third-party apps, which is, for most people, the major attraction to a tablet. It's already been excluded from official iOS updates since like iOS 6.

If you get a particularly pristine unit (like, in the box, shrink-wrapped and unopened), it may have some worth to collectors in the future. May not see a very big return on your investment though.

Solution

Conner10

Estimable
Jun 14, 2015

By few years I'd say 30-40 maybe. There are only a few older mass market tech pieces that are collectors items. Even classic computers like Commodore 64 are available for cheap, even units with accessories that still work.

If anything the Apple Newton would be a collectors item, not the iPad.