Tremendous battery loss on rooted galaxy S3

adam ryder

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I have a rooted Samsung galaxy S3. I bought it second hand already rooted but from a trustworthy person. I have huge battery drain.

I have disabled:

GPS
Bluetooth
Sync
Calander
Calander storage
Email
Gmail
Google calander sync
Google contacts sync
Most of google play services

And still have huge battery drain.for example I charged my s3 fully today from 15-100% . it finished at 16:31 and it is 20:00 on 50% and I was on and off browsing opera mini for short periods of time.I'm using battery docter and 2x battery saver and greenify and CPU limited too 1100 MHz

I have cyanogenMod 11 with 3.0.31 Archi kernel ge86a78e.

Is this normal?pls help any is appreciated

You might just have an old battery; as batteries age, they lose the ability to hold a full charge. In other words, 100% battery charge for a 1-year old battery is overall less than a 100% battery charge for a brand new one. An S3 battery is pretty inexpensive, I think about $10 on eBay. You may want to try your luck with a new one.

adam ryder

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
OK I will try that. thanks. I've also read on the internet that a lot of S3 users experience fast battery drain and some cyanogen mod 11 users also experience fast battery drain

forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/354484-cm11-very-fast-battery-drain.html

and I also found out that your kernel also can help with battery. I have Archi droid which is experimental but I don't know much about it. is there any kernels or ROMs that you can recommend for battery life?

thanks for any help and replies