what is safe mode how do i get off of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissoflove

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
My Samsung randomly got on safe mode. My apps are gone. First Question is how do I get off of it. And my second question is what is safe mode.
Thank you

Solution
Safe mode on a phone is similar to safe mode on a computer. It causes your device to only boot up the parts of it that are essential to functioning. It can be used to identify and isolate device problems, particularly problems from an app/program that is interfering with the device.

For most phones, you can get out of safe mode just be restarting your phone.
Safe mode on a phone is similar to safe mode on a computer. It causes your device to only boot up the parts of it that are essential to functioning. It can be used to identify and isolate device problems, particularly problems from an app/program that is interfering with the device.

For most phones, you can get out of safe mode just be restarting your phone.

Solution

PandaLion98

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014

If it randomly went into safe mode, it might mean you pressed a key while booting up, or a key got stuck. Menu key in Samsung's case. A reboot while keeping your fingers off the menu or volume keys should fix it. Otherwise, a key might be stuck which needs fixing.

Safemode is basically a mode where only the essential parts of the OS are loaded. Usually, no third-party apps will be loaded on boot. It will be handy when you need to fix something or to uninstall an app that causes trouble on your phone (prevents access to it, or always blocks you out with a force-close. Those kinds of problems.)

Alfonson

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015

Alfonson

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS